Range of Motion

Tenji

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
For the rating purpose, do they use the initial ROM or The ROM after three repetitions? Does anybody have an answer? Thanks in advance.

For the VA portion, they mark down all three measurements. For the MEB, it all depends on what you are being referred for. I was referred for my shoulder so my PCM sent me to the physical therapist to get a functional assessment done and they did an average of 3 reps.

I am talking about rating through C&P exams.

at the C&P Exams the Dr will use an instrument to measure the ROM of which ever join is being looked at. they will document all three measurements and place them on your DBQ.

correct but which measurement do they use for va rating. like mine initial ROM was 10mm mouth opening and after three repetitions was 39mm opening. Will they use 10mm or 39mm for the rating purpose?

That is more of a question for your VA rep or MSC. However, I think they would put notes into the DBQ to address the chance in measurements.

Is it common practice that a goniometer is used for range of motion? I had my C&P last Friday for my knees. The NP only had me to flex my knees once and didn't use the goniometer. After that the NP checked my kneecaps and said that my knees were loose whatever that meant.

Is it common practice that a goniometer is used for range of motion? I had my C&P last Friday for my knees. The NP only had me to flex my knees once and didn't use the goniometer. After that the NP checked my kneecaps and said that my knees were loose whatever that meant.

If you do your C&P exams with QTC, yes. I am almost certain its a requirement otherwise they have you sign a document stating that they didnt use one. Well you sign the document either way, if they did or did not. Very strange that they didnt use one with you.

My exam was done through LHI. The only paperwork I was with the questions it asked about my knees.