Rating % curiosity

Pavetim

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I know if you have more than 91% rating you will be rated 100%. For anybody that knows the formula they use I am curious as to what I would be rated over 100% if they did that. Mainly curious to see if they did remove a couple if that would affect my end result. Here are my ratings.
50, 40, 30, 20, 20, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I know if you have more than 91% rating you will be rated 100%. For anybody that knows the formula they use I am curious as to what I would be rated over 100% if they did that. Mainly curious to see if they did remove a couple if that would affect my end result. Here are my ratings.
The following links to an excellent calculator: ---->link to Hutsky Calculator
[for download]

Ron

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
SMC-S

There are two different paths that can make a veteran eligible to receive SMC(s) benefits:

1. You are entitled to receive SMC(s) if you have at least two service-connected disabilities with the first rated totally disabling (100%) and the second rated at least 60%. If you are receiving TDIU for one disability, this may meet the criteria of having one service-connected disability rated totally disabling. The important thing to keep in mind here is that the disability for which you are receiving TDIU must be entirely separate from the second service-connected disability (or disabilities) rated at 60% or more. In other words, you must have at least two completely separate, yet both very severe, disabilities in order to be eligible for this benefit.

2. The second qualifying factor for SMC(s) is if the veteran is rendered housebound due to a service-connected disability. If a veteran is unable to leave his or her house, hospital ward, care facility, etc. and the medical condition is not expected to improve, the veteran may qualify for SMC(s).

Ron

Strumy

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member

Also, I dont believe the 91% is accurate. My understanding is that VA rates to the nearest 10. That would mean 95 would go to 100. They also round to nearest 10th to get your whole number so technically, the lowest rating you can get 100 at is 94.5.

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Ok 103.4% excel calculator pretty good
A friend of mine created that calculator. It has been used successfully for more than 10 years by hundreds (another web site where I posted).

Ron

Strumy

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok 103.4% excel calculator pretty good
If you are getting 103.4 you are using the calculator wrong. I think you put everything into the bilateral side.
I actually built one myself and am showing 94.79 as your current rating. If you lose any of your ratings by even 10% you fall to 90%. That is confirmed by the calculator posted by Ron if you put your ratings into the individual side.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">