Ratings are here -- My time is done

Busyarmymom

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am signing for my ratings tomorrow.

After being insulted, disrespected, treated like garbage, harassed, and all around beat down, I finally have my ratings. I have so many terrible stories of this journey, I could fill up this forum with the terrible events of my entire process. But, in the end, it won't change anything. Soldiers will continue to get treated terrible and the military will continue to cover it up.

Because of a serious SNAFU, my Combat Related was not approved (so I will be paying some taxes on my income). I will be filing again with VA when I transfer, and I pray my Social Security gets approved before I get my 214. Any source of positive prayers or good thoughts towards approval of my Social Security is welcomed.

My final ratings are 60% / 80%

Without one major mistake they would have been 70% / 90%. But, as I have seen, many people have major mistakes, and it hurts them even worse.

I am going to choose to look at this like, if I hadn't been fighting so hard for my ratings, they would have been even less. So, in the end, I will take this as a mark in the plus side. Thank you PEB FORUM. You saved my soul when I had no where else to turn.

Again, I will be refiling as soon as I transfer to VA.

So, anyone have any input for what is next? What should I do? Or, what should I expect next?

As always, any good input is accepted, because I am still freaking lost. :)

Congratulations, positive thinking your way, I know in many of my own ways how unsupportive the military can be to you, good luck.

File for CRSC.

Mike

THANK YOU.

But, in a twist of strange fate, my conditions were not found to be combat related. -- Paperwork is the devil.

So.... is this something I can still file for? What do you think?

The CRSC office may deem it combat related thus giving you CRSC and a basis for appealing the PEB's non combat related finding. Also, the CRSC office will look at all conditions to see if they are combat related whereas the PEB limited their combat related determinations to just the unfitting conditions.

Mike

I had a "good" if not extremely prolonged meb process, I have tried to pass on knowledge and hope and words of wisdom to others, as I see many get beat down harshly by ignorant leadership etc. even at the very end my flight chief pulled me aside and said "hey you know xyz is hiring you should apply". This floored me, i unprofessionally explained that just because I "know the system" does not mean I gamed it, I was approved for all of this stuff because I am actually disabled, its not like im gonna get discharged and all of a sudden be better.

While you wait, besides CRSC etc., I suggest getting any "new" evidence or in my case reorganizing old evidence and submitting it as a package to Ebenefits, as I truly hope even though I know the chance is small, that the reviewer who goes over it before finalized ratings will see the glaring mistakes, and if not I will have my appeal/nod/request for increase package ready to go. On one hand being out has improved my mood, but now I am waiting for the final day/dd214 so that I can make that happen. So yes done, but still waiting. good luck and godspeed, put the past were it belongs and move on, your loosing sleep only effects you, they never cared and never will.

Remember, just because you are do not meet the retention standards for the DoD and have been awarded a substantial VA C&P percentage, you are not disqualified for seeking out and obtaining meaningful civilian employment.

Employers quite often seek out servicemembers that are disabled, they understand and make accommodations (they are legally required to) and many programs are put in place to reward employers that hire disabled veterans.

Opportunities exist everywhere, seek out, explore and see if there is something that suits you.

Because I'm heading into that mire myself, could you please tell me what the SNAFU was that caused them to find it not combat related?

In my case I sustained a severe back injury, first at NTC during our combat validation, and aggravated and incurring more damage during Infantry patrols in Iraq immediately following. From what I've read I should be granted the combat related status, but I'd like to know what Army shenanigans to expect at the PEB.

Congratulations on making it through the process. I know exactly what you mean about their abusive attitude towards injured Soldiers.

Because I'm heading into that mire myself, could you please tell me what the SNAFU was that caused them to find it not combat related?

In my case I sustained a severe back injury, first at NTC during our combat validation, and aggravated and incurring more damage during Infantry patrols in Iraq immediately following. From what I've read I should be granted the combat related status, but I'd like to know what Army shenanigans to expect at the PEB.

Congratulations on making it through the process. I know exactly what you mean about their abusive attitude towards injured Soldiers.

I will gladly send them to you in PM. Mine are so specific, that it would exactly point to exactly who I am (if someone I knew was reading this). But, I will gladly share this information with you, AND I will gladly share with you the ARs that cover it. :)

The CRSC office may deem it combat related thus giving you CRSC and a basis for appealing the PEB's non combat related finding. Also, the CRSC office will look at all conditions to see if they are combat related whereas the PEB limited their combat related determinations to just the unfitting conditions.

Mike

Thank you! I will. You are always full of great information. :)

I had a "good" if not extremely prolonged meb process, I have tried to pass on knowledge and hope and words of wisdom to others, as I see many get beat down harshly by ignorant leadership etc. even at the very end my flight chief pulled me aside and said "hey you know xyz is hiring you should apply". This floored me, i unprofessionally explained that just because I "know the system" does not mean I gamed it, I was approved for all of this stuff because I am actually disabled, its not like im gonna get discharged and all of a sudden be better.

While you wait, besides CRSC etc., I suggest getting any "new" evidence or in my case reorganizing old evidence and submitting it as a package to Ebenefits, as I truly hope even though I know the chance is small, that the reviewer who goes over it before finalized ratings will see the glaring mistakes, and if not I will have my appeal/nod/request for increase package ready to go. On one hand being out has improved my mood, but now I am waiting for the final day/dd214 so that I can make that happen. So yes done, but still waiting. good luck and godspeed, put the past were it belongs and move on, your loosing sleep only effects you, they never cared and never will.

You are damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

If you fight for yourself, people state you are trying to "work the system", but if you don't fight for yourself, NO one else will, and then they state you didn't fight enough for yourself (which was exactly what I was told when I let something slide).

As for working, I am highly disabled, and I am applying for SS, and even though my ratings are only 80%, I am applying for unemployability. I am getting worse everyday.

BUT, even if you are 100% disabled, you can still work, if you are not unemployable. Companies are constantly looking for disabled Veterans, and even Social Security allows people to earn $9000 a year (I think that is the number, don't quote that number). In fact Social Security encourages disabled people to try to work. You don't have to get better to work. In fact I am very bad off. But, in a few years, I might start looking for part time work just to keep my mind busy.

Look at Stephen Hawkings. No one would ever say he isn't disabled, but he works everyday.

I am so happy you said that. Because I tried to tell someone you can put paperwork in E-benefits, even if it doesn't get looked at, it at least makes you feel you did your best, but I was told, don't bother. I say why not? Maybe there is someone who is working late, and really wants to review some records, maybe yours will get chosen. If you did not put your paperwork in, and someone else did, then they will get selected.

Thank you! :)

Remember, just because you are do not meet the retention standards for the DoD and have been awarded a substantial VA C&P percentage, you are not disqualified for seeking out and obtaining meaningful civilian employment.

Employers quite often seek out servicemembers that are disabled, they understand and make accommodations (they are legally required to) and many programs are put in place to reward employers that hire disabled veterans.

Opportunities exist everywhere, seek out, explore and see if there is something that suits you.

Very true. I just made the same statement. Unless you are 100% unemployable, but other than that, anyone can work if they want to. But, it is up to the person and if you are filing for Social Security, you can only work a certain amount of hours.