Ratings are in!!

Congrats brother, Im Post-VA QA should be here anytime now for me!

Its Such a relief , but now I have a ton of separation stuff to do... I guess its better to be going down the hill than up it.

Its Such a relief , but now I have a ton of separation stuff to do... I guess its better to be going down the hill than up it.
I've finished all my serration shit already. Haha shit couldn't come any faster

Got my ratings today. 50% dod 80% Va tdrl
In retrospect, congratulations on the receipt of your IPEB findings! :) Take care and enjoy! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

@Navy10 Im also active duty Navy and supposed to be receiving my rating back at the end of May. For house/job hunting leave, I'm being told by my admin that both are combined into 10 days. Please give some insight on how you pulled off 20 days. Thanks.

@Navy10 Im also active duty Navy and supposed to be receiving my rating back at the end of May. For house/job hunting leave, I'm being told by my admin that both are combined into 10 days. Please give some insight on how you pulled off 20 days. Thanks.

It is my understanding that if you are separated, its 5 days house hunting, 5 days job hunting. If retired, then it's 10 and 10. Check out MILPERSMAN 1050 - 120 and 1320 - 220.

I have a contact at PERS. He said I can use 20 days . Also make sure its on one Chit.....

*********A bit of info for people in the same boat with retirement**********

You absolutely have to use your 20 days BEFORE you use terminal leave , in that order. For example

Im getting out June 27th.... Im using 30 days reg. terminal leave till may 27th , THEN im using 20 House hunting /job hunting that would put me at may 7th leave starts.....

Make sure you use this in that order( according to the pers guy I talked to Friday)

Is the requirement of retirement for 20 days house/job hunting leave pertain to medical retirement or just regular 20 yr retirement? I didn't notice verbage for a medical retirement when I looked it up. Thanks.

I have a contact at PERS. He said I can use 20 days . Also make sure its on one Chit.....

*********A bit of info for people in the same boat with retirement**********

You absolutely have to use your 20 days BEFORE you use terminal leave , in that order. For example

Im getting out June 27th.... Im using 30 days reg. terminal leave till may 27th , THEN im using 20 House hunting /job hunting that would put me at may 7th leave starts.....

Make sure you use this in that order( according to the pers guy I talked to Friday)

Thank you for the info! Though it is a bit confusing. So you said you have to use your 20 days BEFORE terminal, but with the dates you posted, it looks like you took your 30 days terminal, then your 20 days. Is this correct?

I was under the impression that the 10/10 days is for any involuntary sep under honorable conditions. Ill research deeper again but if I remember correctly, that is still at the COs discretion.

So I got my ratings in today 10%dod 10 %crscp and 80%VA ... feeling a little low balled on the DOD side. Any recommendations for the appeals process?

So I got my ratings in today 10%dod 10 %crscp and 80%VA ... feeling a little low balled on the DOD side. Any recommendations for the appeals process?

You can do several things.
1. Request FPEB to add other conditions that you feel make you unfit.
2. Accept and ask for a one-time VA Ratings Reconsideration of your unfitting condition.
3. Request FPEB & do a one-time VA Ratings Reconsideration of your unfitting condition. (My path).

**If the FPEB adds additional conditions I believe you can ask for a VA Ratings Reconsideration on those conditions when that time comes.

Now is the time to fight if you believe the ratings are unfair.

You can do several things.
1. Request FPEB to add other conditions that you feel make you unfit.
2. Accept and ask for a one-time VA Ratings Reconsideration of your unfitting condition.
3. Request FPEB & do a one-time VA Ratings Reconsideration of your unfitting condition. (My path).

**If the FPEB adds additional conditions I believe you can ask for a VA Ratings Reconsideration on those conditions when that time comes.

Now is the time to fight if you believe the ratings are unfair.
Yeah, I believe I may have to. Although when called with ratings this morning, I wanted to just sign and be done. I owe it not only to myself but others going through the process to fight for what I be to unjust, if they do it to me or anyone else and get away with it, they will more than likely try to low ball everyone else with the same conditions. Did you do the teleconference or flying out? and how long after you talked to the lawyer did you wait to do FPEB?

I was under the impression that the 10/10 days is for any involuntary sep under honorable conditions. Ill research deeper again but if I remember correctly, that is still at the COs discretion.

Gotta love that "CO's Discretion" caveat! :/ If it were up to my command I would get no leave at all. Heck, they will probably try and find a way to keep me working after I'm discharged!

Yeah, I believe I may have to. Although when called with ratings this morning, I wanted to just sign and be done. I owe it not only to myself but others going through the process to fight for what I be to unjust, if they do it to me or anyone else and get away with it, they will more than likely try to low ball everyone else with the same conditions. Did you do the teleconference or flying out? and how long after you talked to the lawyer did you wait to do FPEB?
Flying out. It was only 4 weeks from signing ratings until I had a FPEB date. Start getting more evidence to make your case stronger now. Also I was "proactive" about getting the date because the PEBLOs could "drop the ball" if you don't remind them.

Is the requirement of retirement for 20 days house/job hunting leave pertain to medical retirement or just regular 20 yr retirement? I didn't notice verbage for a medical retirement when I looked it up. Thanks.
It pertains to medical retirement according to the Pers guy. ( I called him today) you want to look In Mil Pers 1320-220... Basically says retirees get 20 days. Then look up retire eligibility b.( medical retirees)

Flying out. It was only 4 weeks from signing ratings until I had a FPEB date. Start getting more evidence to make your case stronger now. Also I was "proactive" about getting the date because the PEBLOs could "drop the ball" if you don't remind them.
What do you mean by getting more evidence? Like getting another doctor to look at conditions or build more by going to BAS>?

What do you mean by getting more evidence? Like getting another doctor to look at conditions or build more by going to BAS>?
More up to date stuff, Xrays, schedule more treatments, witness statements, etc. Whatever the JAG thinks will help the case. It would be nice to have more than 2 weeks notice....

So when you go are you supposed to wear a dress uniform? Let me know who everything goes with yours, best of luck!

@Navy10 When you picked your sep date was that the earliest they had or how did you go about choosing that date? I pretty much want out ASAP and was wondering how soon that could be after signing my findings.