script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Ratings Done - No PEBLO...

AEmedic

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So, today I found out that my PEBLO has been out for a medical issue and hasn't been in the office to receive my package from the PEB and we currently don't have a trained alternate. It is currently sitting at AFMOA and they don't seem to have a contingency plan for when the PEBLO is incapacitated for a period of time. They wouldn't even tell the Lt Col over the PEBLO any details other than they are trying to figure out what to do...

Has anyone else ever heard of a similar situation?

So close, yet so far...

Sfsup169

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
You can call the Office of Airmen's Counsel (OAC) and get your ratings. They gave me mine before my PEBLO had them. The number is 210-565-0739 and they are out of Texas. They can see information in the systems that the PEBLO uses. They are tasked with advising you throughout the process. Your PEBLO should have provided you the number and encouraged you to call at the beginning of the IDES process... the very first meeting. Let the board know if you get the results as I did.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I'm sorry to hear that your installation has no alternate. The Airmen's Counsel has access to the system as mentioned above.

AEmedic

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thank you for the responses! It is frustrating not having a PEBLO at the moment to get this completed but I will give the OAC a call tomorrow.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Thank you for the responses! It is frustrating not having a PEBLO at the moment to get this completed but I will give the OAC a call tomorrow.

I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you. It is hard to believe there is not an alternate. Is your senior leadership aware of the problem? It sounds like an issue I would have wanted my folks to elevate.

AEmedic

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you. It is hard to believe there is not an alternate. Is your senior leadership aware of the problem? It sounds like an issue I would have wanted my folks to elevate.

The MDG is trying to resolve the issue, they have hired someone, but they are not trained or completely certified because the day they were hired is the day the current PEBLO had to be out for medical issues. It might have been poor planning not to have an alternate but the PEBLO having medical issues isn't their fault and they are trying to mitigate the issue and AFMOA is looking for a contingency plan in the interim. I hope it comes soon!

I am trying to be patient.

AEmedic

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just got off the phone with OAC and my ratings are DOD 30% PDRL & VA 100%. A little lower than I thought on the DOD side but since it will revert to my LOS in the end anyway I guess it doesn't matter. Still don't know it the VA rating is P & T...

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Glad to hear you got your ratings, albeit with some questions about the rating unanswered. Hopefully the rest of your process moves along more quickly.

Reference the illness of the PEBLE I agree with you that a sudden illness is unforeseeable, but most military task require a primary and an alternate.

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Just got off the phone with OAC and my ratings are DOD 30% PDRL & VA 100%. A little lower than I thought on the DOD side but since it will revert to my LOS in the end anyway I guess it doesn't matter. Still don't know it the VA rating is P & T...
Indeed, congratulations on the receipt of your IPEB findings! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!