Ratings final Tbi "not service connected"

Jrunyon22

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Ok hear me out on this-
Sep 14 I was in a bad car wreck in Germany in Army POV.Never claimed anything woke up in middle Germany somewhere in the er, returned to duty like 5 days later, was not diagnosed with anything

Well fast forward to oct 15 med board started, claimed Tbi due to several training incidents and the car wreck.
I was instructed to make appointment with Tbi, did so right away

Nov 15 I do a 10-15 min Qtc appointment, which obviously was found as not service related.

So Nov 2015-Feb 2016 I attended a Tbi screening from dod, with a recommendation to occ health for cognitive issues due to tbis (have all med docs)

Ok, so I attended occ health with some serious visual to memory problems.

Mid feb I left on terminal leave- just completed a follow up last week with the va Tbi, where they gave me a alpha tinse brain wave machine(???)And ordered visual nerve exams

So today ebenefits finally showed my approved ratings and Tbi shows NOT SERVICE CONNECTED. Should I appeal this one rating? Should I go to a vso for help doing this?
Just not sure where I go from here? Someone point me in the right direction, thanks

JEREMY

Yes, definitely appeal. Quick question, you stated that you were in a MEB, why did the Army not completed a line of duty investigation for the TBI and auto accident? You should be able to obtain the medical records from the ER visit somewhere in the middle of Germany.

A VSO may be able to help, what was the rating percentage that the VA denied service connection for?

Line of Duty Investigation findings can be obtained through your SMEBC if you remember your unit of assignment, timeframe it occurred and any supporting documentation from MPs/Polizei and hospital records/intake.

I'm also certain your incident may been a serious incident report that your company commander had to provide a narrative of your event that will help your case.

Yes, definitely appeal. Quick question, you stated that you were in a MEB, why did the Army not completed a line of duty investigation for the TBI and auto accident? You should be able to obtain the medical records from the ER visit somewhere in the middle of Germany.

A VSO may be able to help, what was the rating percentage that the VA denied service connection for?

Honestly, I have no clue if a line of duty was completed or not, never saw one
I may have a police report though
As for the rating percentage, I'm not sure what you mean, I have total 90% with everything combined, ill have to look at the original qct report I guess