Ratings in, now what?

So I signed my ratings today I'm active duty USMC. I received 0% DoD and 80% VA. I am understanding that since I am receiving 0% from the DoD that I will get my severance pay upon separation and then within the next 1-3 months to receive my monthly VA compensation without the severance being withheld, is this correct?

And is the process of getting the chunk of taxed severance pay difficult? am I actually going to be able to get that extra back in taxes or is it just a myth??

And now I'm just trying to figure out the next step the Chief PEBLO kind of left me in limbo, he said wait for the PEB to finalize your decision and they'll notify my CoC by message.. but the option I signed today was saying 6-10 weeks to be separated so I'm kind of worried that's not much time being married and living off post to figure everything out and to not be able to check out or really do anything with my chain of command without them getting told by someone other than me that I'm going to be getting out asap.

Please help or give advice if possible, Thanks

So I signed my ratings today I'm active duty USMC. I received 0% DoD and 80% VA. I am understanding that since I am receiving 0% from the DoD that I will get my severance pay upon separation and then within the next 1-3 months to receive my monthly VA compensation without the severance being withheld, is this correct?
This is correct, since you are being severed at 0%, there will be no recoupment of the severance pay.

And is the process of getting the chunk of taxed severance pay difficult? am I actually going to be able to get that extra back in taxes or is it just a myth??

They will tax you severance pay, unless the condition that you are being severed for occurred in a tax free location (such as combat zone) or is combat related.

If you are rated by the VA for the same condition that you are severed for, then you can request a refund of the taxes from DFAS.

https://www.dfas.mil/debtandclaims/submitclaim.html

And now I'm just trying to figure out the next step the Chief PEBLO kind of left me in limbo, he said wait for the PEB to finalize your decision and they'll notify my CoC by message.. but the option I signed today was saying 6-10 weeks to be separated so I'm kind of worried that's not much time being married and living off post to figure everything out and to not be able to check out or really do anything with my chain of command without them getting told by someone other than me that I'm going to be getting out asap.

Once you get the notice, things can happen pretty fast and furious. There are some organizations that can help.