Re-enlistment after found fit for duty from TDRL

SGTDja

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok I was found fit for duty on Nov 19,2012. I was emailed a statment wanting to know what I wanted to do. It asked me if i wanted to elect to re-enlist or take the discharge. I elected to re-enlist. Now the PDA sent me this email regarding the timeline on that process this is what it stated "90 days following finalization of your PEB findings is started when we received the case which actually just started to process it a few days ago, but I have seen Returned to duty Fit from TDRL last awhile so don't be Alarmed if that is the case. Once you decided your caseworker is suppose to contact you about the recruiter part which could take awhile, it's like I'm the middle man in the process trying to get you paperwork and he lets us know when to cut your TDRL removal order when that time comes". The more info I get the more i will post.

I think if I was you I'd go to a recruiter and start the enlistment process (yes, I said enlistment not reenlistment. You are enlisting as prior service and not immediately reenlisting in the Regular Army. Its provided for in AR 601-210.

What is your MOS? Time in service? Grade? I'm a recruiter and can help.

I think if I was you I'd go to a recruiter and start the enlistment process (yes, I said enlistment not reenlistment. You are enlisting as prior service and not immediately reenlisting in the Regular Army. Its provided for in AR 601-210.
All ready tried, The Recruiter will not touch me due to my RE code. I have given the AR 601-210 to them. They stated that my RE code has to be changed. And that is coming from 3 recruiters stations. I am in no hurry I would like to finish my degree. I graduate in may.

All ready tried, The Recruiter will not touch me due to my RE code. I have given the AR 601-210 to them. They stated that my RE code has to be changed. And that is coming from 3 recruiters stations. I am in no hurry I would like to finish my degree. I graduate in may.

Maybe you can take that degree and commission as an officer?

http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/become-an-officer/officer-candidate-school.html

You would get paid for your hard work and dedication and share your enlisted experience as an officer. No better officers than prior enlisted in my opinion.

Just my .02

I really hate it when someone can't do their job. As I said, AR 601-210 provides for the STATUTORY right for soldiers on the TDRL, who have been determined fit for duty, to enlist. Since the morons your dealing with can't figure it out, here is the applicable paragraph:

Section XII

Special Processing for Members Removed from the Temporary Disability Retirement List

5–50. General

As the result of a periodic physical examination, a former Army enlisted member may be determined physically fit for

return to duty. If so, the member may be enlisted in the RA or AR when their name has been properly removed from

the TDRL and if requirements of this section are met.

5–51. Enlistment within 90 days of removal from the temporary disability retired list

Enlistments within 90 days of removal from the TDRL will be made without regard to basic enlistment qualifications

for PS persons described in chapter 3 or disqualifications described in chapter 4, except as provided below:

a.
Applicants must not be subject to nonwaivable disqualification in chapter 4. Civil offense criteria does not apply

if all convictions—

(1) Occurred before applicant’s placement on the TDRL.

(2) Previously were disclosed.

b.

Waiver is required if applicant is subject to any of the waivable disqualifications in chapter 4, but this is not

applicable if—

(1) All convictions or adjudications occurred, or pleas were entered, before applicant’s placement on the TDRL.

(2) All convictions or adjudications previously were disclosed.

c.

Such persons will be enlisted in the permanent pay grade held on the day before the date their names were placed

on the TDRL.

d.

Enlistment of such persons will be made without medical examination if—

(1) No intervening illness or injury since the examination resulted in removal from the TDRL.

(2) The person signs a statement to that effect on DA Form 3283 (Statements of Member Removed from the

Temporary Disability Retired List).

e.

Persons who have incurred an illness or injury since the examination resulting in their removal from the TDRL

must undergo a complete medical examination. They must qualify for enlistment under medical standards given in AR

40–501, chapter 3. (A person does not have to meet medical standards for the specific disability that caused their name

to be placed on the TDRL.)

f.

Persons will be enlisted for 3 years in the RA. Enlistment must be in the same component from which the Soldier

was placed on TDRL. MEPS will complete DD Form 4 and publish enlistment orders. Assignment for MOS-qualified

applicants, regardless of rank, will be obtained from HRC. Enlistment will be accomplished in the same manner as all

other PS enlistment. DD Form 1966 is required and a REQUEST reservation will be made. For those applicants not

MOS qualified or who require BCT or AIT (if placed on TDRL before completion), BCT and AIT may be obtained via

normal REQUEST reservation. For AR, assignment to a TPU is required. Persons enlisting in the AR may enlist for a

period of 1 to 6 years.

I really hate it when someone can't do their job. As I said, AR 601-210 provides for the STATUTORY right for soldiers on the TDRL, who have been determined fit for duty, to enlist. Since the morons your dealing with can't figure it out, here is the applicable paragraph:

Section XII

Special Processing for Members Removed from the Temporary Disability Retirement List

5–50. General

As the result of a periodic physical examination, a former Army enlisted member may be determined physically fit for

return to duty. If so, the member may be enlisted in the RA or AR when their name has been properly removed from

the TDRL and if requirements of this section are met.

5–51. Enlistment within 90 days of removal from the temporary disability retired list

Enlistments within 90 days of removal from the TDRL will be made without regard to basic enlistment qualifications

for PS persons described in chapter 3 or disqualifications described in chapter 4, except as provided below:

a.
Applicants must not be subject to nonwaivable disqualification in chapter 4. Civil offense criteria does not apply

if all convictions—

(1) Occurred before applicant’s placement on the TDRL.

(2) Previously were disclosed.

b.

Waiver is required if applicant is subject to any of the waivable disqualifications in chapter 4, but this is not

applicable if—

(1) All convictions or adjudications occurred, or pleas were entered, before applicant’s placement on the TDRL.

(2) All convictions or adjudications previously were disclosed.

c.

Such persons will be enlisted in the permanent pay grade held on the day before the date their names were placed

on the TDRL.

d.

Enlistment of such persons will be made without medical examination if—

(1) No intervening illness or injury since the examination resulted in removal from the TDRL.

(2) The person signs a statement to that effect on DA Form 3283 (Statements of Member Removed from the

Temporary Disability Retired List).

e.

Persons who have incurred an illness or injury since the examination resulting in their removal from the TDRL

must undergo a complete medical examination. They must qualify for enlistment under medical standards given in AR

40–501, chapter 3. (A person does not have to meet medical standards for the specific disability that caused their name

to be placed on the TDRL.)

f.

Persons will be enlisted for 3 years in the RA. Enlistment must be in the same component from which the Soldier

was placed on TDRL. MEPS will complete DD Form 4 and publish enlistment orders. Assignment for MOS-qualified

applicants, regardless of rank, will be obtained from HRC. Enlistment will be accomplished in the same manner as all

other PS enlistment. DD Form 1966 is required and a REQUEST reservation will be made. For those applicants not

MOS qualified or who require BCT or AIT (if placed on TDRL before completion), BCT and AIT may be obtained via

normal REQUEST reservation. For AR, assignment to a TPU is required. Persons enlisting in the AR may enlist for a

period of 1 to 6 years.
I have taken the AR with me and high lighted the entire section that you have posted.

If that doesn't work, ask them to call their Recruiting Battalion to ask them how to do it.

Ok here is an update. I spoke to a recruiter today as well as Recruite command. I had to fill out another packet to get back in. I have to bring all the birth certif, Social Secuirty cards as well as my Marr. Cert. Now with that said. I have to get taped as well as weight at the recruiter office and they will have to send it up to Fort Knox which is recruite command. Now from what both parties have said to me that all i will have to do is see the Army counsler at MEPS and sign again and that is it. But with that being said I will find out next month when i go to MEPs. Now with the tape, I was stated that if i am over tape I will have 6 months to get into regs after i sign my enlistment papers, but we will see on that one to. Once I get through MEPs i will give an update.

I know this is a month late about posting about my fit for duty from TDRL. I went to MEPS on Feb 14 and all i had to do was sign my name on my enlistment contract and i am good to go (i was considered PS). The reason i did not have to do the physical and height and weight again is i got a waiver from fort Knox recruitment command. From what i was advised from them is that I have 6 months after my ship date to get back into reg's (Which is no problem due to that I am at 22% now). But they will not give anyone a waiver if they do not think that they can make the reg's in six months so i had to bust my ass to get there. I did not get a choice on where i am going they told me that this is it, sign if you accept the offer.

I know this is a month late about posting about my fit for duty from TDRL. I went to MEPS on Feb 14 and all i had to do was sign my name on my enlistment contract and i am good to go (i was considered PS). The reason i did not have to do the physical and height and weight again is i got a waiver from fort Knox recruitment command. From what i was advised from them is that I have 6 months after my ship date to get back into reg's (Which is no problem due to that I am at 22% now). But they will not give anyone a waiver if they do not think that they can make the reg's in six months so i had to bust my ass to get there. I did not get a choice on where i am going they told me that this is it, sign if you accept the offer.

Did you successfully return to AD? If so, was it in your previous MOS, or were you given any alternative options with MOS selection?

I know this is old but I'm hoping someone can help. Going to be found fit in October, wanting to re enlist. My guard unit gave me an honorable discharge while on tdrl, will I be able to go active or do I still have to go back to guard? Also, not MOS qualified, so can I choose a different one? Thanks