Really F'ed myself on this one... NEED HELP!

bigt1769

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I broke my profile and fired a weapon about a month ago after being told to go and expend some left over ammo at the range while on range detail. Before my profile went to permanent back in August there was no indication on the profile about not firing a weapon. I was never explained my profile by my neurologist and just went along thinking I was able to fire a weapon. Well now I am facing a Article 15 and possibly more punishment for that and other reasons that are not as bad as that. My medical retirement date is in June. Just want to know if anyone has had a similar situation happen to them or if anyone knows a great lawyer in the South Carolina area who can help me. My leave "as long as it gets approved by the BC" is set to start the end of April. So I am really cutting it close.

I contacted a Lawyer who seems qualified but is asking 6000 for just the simple part and is asking for a extra 7000 for the second part if it gets to there. He wants all up front and I simply don't have that kind of money and would have to get a loan. I haven't had to do this before so any advice or help would be nice!

Ok, take a deep breath. Let it out. Relax.

#1: Contact your local Area Defense Counsel. Use a military defense attorney and it will cost you nothing. I say this not only as an Active Duty Officer, but also as someone who once had to trust and be represented by the ADC.

#2: Don't discuss your case on a public forum. Never a good idea.

#3: Relax and realize that mistakes occur. Did you screw the pooch on this? Yes my friend you did. If you signed for a profile that says you cannot fire a weapon and you went ahead and fired a weapon, you are at fault. If you didn't sign a profile saying that, and you just dumb fucked it, then you aren't nearly in as much trouble.

Ok, take a deep breath. Let it out. Relax.

#1: Contact your local Area Defense Counsel. Use a military defense attorney and it will cost you nothing. I say this not only as an Active Duty Officer, but also as someone who once had to trust and be represented by the ADC.

#2: Don't discuss your case on a public forum. Never a good idea.

#3: Relax and realize that mistakes occur. Did you screw the pooch on this? Yes my friend you did. If you signed for a profile that says you cannot fire a weapon and you went ahead and fired a weapon, you are at fault. If you didn't sign a profile saying that, and you just dumb fucked it, then you aren't nearly in as much trouble.
Sir, I am just freaking out because I am so close to my Retirement date and they kept a whole packet to submit once I got my date to mess up my process. Also the last time I used a TDS lawyer the Commander and which ever General who approved it afterwards did not care about what the TDS lawyer had said. The TDS lawyer had me 100% convinced that I would receive no punishment which I did. Just trying to guard the 90% I got from the VA.

If you are on Fort Jackson you need to go see their trial defense. Go find the lawyer that looks like dracula. Real pale, tall, skinny guy. He got a NCO off on some charges in my command that baffles the mind. Definitely worth checking it out.

For F sake, if you have a retirement date in hand, don't do anything, you don't need any training.

Hey bigt1769, any news on your situation?