Received a letter from OHO (office of hearing operations)

LoneWolf4

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Received a letter from OHO (office of hearing operations). One of their lawyers attempted to contact me. Then wrote a letter to call her/his office. I have a hearing date. So I am not sure why she/he called? I called the office but I feel they lie. They said its a new policy to make sure I understand everything before hearing since I have no lawyer. Not sure I am ok with talking to their lawyer and why their calling.

I did some research only thing I came up with is sometimes they do this before a hearing to see if it can be approved without going to hearing.

Can someone shed some light please?

Thanks

If you choose to represent yourself, you taken the responsibility to have conversations with opposing counsel. Many cases are handled outside of court.

The attorney for SS is an administrative counsel not a trial counsel the process is not adversarial until you appeal to the federal court. Is this for a continuation of benefits hearing? If not I believe this was a major mistake on your end not to retain counsel. Each judge has their own way to conduct their hearings it is your responsibility to understand those rules and what's expected of you, claiming later the judge cut you off told you to stop talking or ignored your submissions of evidence will not be grounds to get their decision thrown out or request a remand.

The attorney for SS is an administrative counsel not a trial counsel the process is not adversarial until you appeal to the federal court. Is this for a continuation of benefits hearing? If not I believe this was a major mistake on your end not to retain counsel. Each judge has their own way to conduct their hearings it is your responsibility to understand those rules and what's expected of you, claiming later the judge cut you off told you to stop talking or ignored your submissions of evidence will not be grounds to get their decision thrown out or request a remand.

Continue benefits.
No lawyers would take my case. I called everyone. Why? Its continuing benefits. If it wasn't they said they would have.

Continue benefits.
No lawyers would take my case. I called everyone. Why? Its continuing benefits. If it wasn't they said they would have.

What were the grounds for removal were you working? did you not go to the doctors? Working would have to be the worst of the two sin as they tend to lean that if you worked in between your next review you can go back again or college which means you are attempting to be employable at some point in the future. If neither of those then you need to really prepare for the hearing pro se I would have asked a lot of questions and I would also submit an affidavit ASAP going over your contentions, prognosis and your inability to work. CDR's suck because if you take the money and lose the appeal you owe it all back. Judges are sometimes fine helping you during the hearing some are annoyed you do not have counsel can go either way. I will say if you worked and that led to the CDR removal they ask very tough questions.

Was on SSDI for 25 years.
Worked 15 years ago for 1 month. My worker was 100% aware of this.
Yes, I had Dr I went to on regular basis.
I did submit an affidavit about all this. Its on the CD.

This is most definitely odd have you read your medical notes was it implying you are much healthier now or something? Have you got doctor notes supporting your inability to work?

I feel its odd as well! Their Doctors say almost same stuff my Dr did. My medical records show decline in my health. In the affidavit I point out your Dr agrees with mine for the most part. Why am I here? Been on system for 25 years! Yes, I attempted to return to work 15 years ago. It lasted 1 month and I got a new injury. Showing I can't return to work. It's not like its recent. Its a decade and a half ago.