Received my DD 214 early

themillers11

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good Evening All!

I received my DD 214 just yesterday. (80 or so days ago I was found unfit and received 30% DoD / 100% VA.) Also, just yesterday I sent my DD 214 to my VA Representative.

My question is, what could I be looking at, in regards to receiving benefits; timeline wise? My retirement date is 28OCT2018?

Thank you in advance! And good luck to those in the PEB/MEB fight!

Looking at your retirement date, it appears that your first VA payment will be More than likely 1 DEC.

December.

My terminal leave from my Army MEB ended 17 October 2018. I got a proposed VA rating of 90% before I finished my MEB. I haven’t heard anything in awhile from the VA regarding my claim. Can someone please help me. I am wondering when I should receive my VA award letter? Or when I should start to receive my benefits. Honestly, any help would be so much appreciated!

Good Evening All!

I received my DD 214 just yesterday. (80 or so days ago I was found unfit and received 30% DoD / 100% VA.) Also, just yesterday I sent my DD 214 to my VA Representative.

My question is, what could I be looking at, in regards to receiving benefits; timeline wise? My retirement date is 28OCT2018?

Thank you in advance! And good luck to those in the PEB/MEB fight!

My terminal leave ends around the same time as yours. Have you heard anything from the VA about your award letter?

No I did not. I now see all my claims on my ebenifits though. I was separated on 17 October. I see now my estimated completion is 30 November to 25 December. I’m not even worried about the money, I just need my award letter. I got taxed 19,000$ from my severance, and the only way to get it back is to send in my final award letter. But it has to be in the same calendar year you received your severance check, it’s already November so my time frame is very small..

My leave does not end until 4 December so I have a while. I just wanted to get an idea. How long after the 17th did you receive your severance pay? Also I have a copy of the memo to claim your taxes back during income tax time. Legal gave me that one since I was separating so late in the year. Send me your email if you think you might need it. I spoke with Finance while I was clearing and they said I would need to claim it with the IRS

I separated 17 October and got my severance on the 22nd. It was way faster then what everyone was saying. Yes can you please send that to me! [email protected]
Did they say that you will file it with your taxes? Like what we do every year? I feel I’m not going to make the deadline for this year so I’m trying to have a back up plan.