Recent email information wanted to pass it along

Tankergeebs

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So I originally submitted a big packet including my original MEB case and some VA records from my current VA provider. I had been to several others and even sent in the release of records information. I sent my usual 4-6 month status email into the board and got an interesting response.

Here is their complete response:

Good Morning,

Your case is currently in the records collection phase. We are awaiting your medical records from the VA. Recently our Team here has received access for the digital system to download medical records. The Team will receive their training the first week of Feb. We hope to have yours downloaded after this training. So we can move your case forward.

Respectfully,

Physical Disability Board of Review

So this is a bit of new information that might help speed things along for some people. Though not sure the end result of all this. Just thought I would pass it along.

Thank you for sharing.

This is going to help a lot of people. They are waiting on my PEB records, and VA records. They advised me that the DOD was very quick to send my service records, and DOD medical records, but for some reason the VA has been very slow to respond. In my case, they have been waiting over 6 months for those records.

Just got an email this morning from the PDBR Intake unit that my case is being sent to the DDA based on the recommendation of the board.

This is just over a month after they started their digital records access to the VA.

I don't know why but this makes me very nervous that it took this short time after waiting over 2 years the regular way. I guess we will wait and see but since I have always been limited in occupations it would be nice to see a positive thing come from this. Nothing is lost by not trying but it does definitely make the anxiety spike a bit waiting on this. Thanks all!

Just got an email this morning from the PDBR Intake unit that my case is being sent to the DDA based on the recommendation of the board.

This is just over a month after they started their digital records access to the VA.

I don't know why but this makes me very nervous that it took this short time after waiting over 2 years the regular way. I guess we will wait and see but since I have always been limited in occupations it would be nice to see a positive thing come from this. Nothing is lost by not trying but it does definitely make the anxiety spike a bit waiting on this. Thanks all!
Do you think that the majority of the wait within this process has been the record collection phase?

I think that the initial process that started out in in the first location they requested the documents from the VA and other sources and then saw what came in. With their move to a different location and the number of cases I would assume that if they did not receive a lot of records they would hold the case for further development and work other cases that were quicker adjudications.

In my case I hope that with the electronic records release they were able to get the information they were missing to finish it up. Though more and more I dread that they got the electronic release saw there was nothing else and moved forward with a not good recommendation for me.

Just waiting on the Dept of the Army now. Any know what they have seem for those current wait times? I just want to know yes or no in the decision. I have enough patience to wait for the rest of it just would love to know if they feel I am getting an increase or if I am staying the same based on the evidence they received. That is the worst part for me. The rest of it I can let it go however long....

I have been in records collection limbo since July 2017. Got an email in March they finally got them due to the new electronic process. Then I got another email on Wednesday saying adjudicated and sent to DDA. Now, in Naval tradition more hurt up and wait. Tough knowing a decision has been made then having to wait months on the outcome. Hang in there!

So I originally submitted a big packet including my original MEB case and some VA records from my current VA provider. I had been to several others and even sent in the release of records information. I sent my usual 4-6 month status email into the board and got an interesting response.

Here is their complete response:

Good Morning,

Your case is currently in the records collection phase. We are awaiting your medical records from the VA. Recently our Team here has received access for the digital system to download medical records. The Team will receive their training the first week of Feb. We hope to have yours downloaded after this training. So we can move your case forward.

Respectfully,

Physical Disability Board of Review

So this is a bit of new information that might help speed things along for some people. Though not sure the end result of all this. Just thought I would pass it along.
This is great to know! I just got an email saying they had my military records but are waiting on my VA records today! 3 months ago I had to email my medical records to them! My command was unreachable. I have been waiting since mid 2017 ! So you just gave me hope again!!! Thank you so much.

I have been in records collection limbo since July 2017. Got an email in March they finally got them due to the new electronic process. Then I got another email on Wednesday saying adjudicated and sent to DDA. Now, in Naval tradition more hurt up and wait. Tough knowing a decision has been made then having to wait months on the outcome. Hang in there!
What does DDA mean? I can look it up,but I’m trying to get a grip on where I’m at. Been waiting the same

I think DDA means something about Designated Decision Authority. In my case the Secretary of the Navy.