script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Regarding MEB board

CGOrlandofam

Registered Member
Good afternoon shipmates. I am new here and I just need some answers. I am currently waiting for orders. I am planning to waive the 120 days. Do I send the waiver form to epm1 before or after I get orders? Because I wasn’t too sure if I can send it to them before, so that’s it expedited once I receive orders. But if i have to send it after I get orders, do y’all happen to know how long it’ll take for them to waive the orders once I send it up to epm? Thanks shipmates.

Coastiebm

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Once your orders hit the board your SPO would be able to request the waiver. But having 120 days really helps get your VA stuff done before you get out of the Coast Guard

CGOrlandofam

Registered Member
Once your orders hit the board your SPO would be able to request the waiver. But having 120 days really helps get your VA stuff done before you get out of the Coast Guard
Thanks shipmate for the reply. So about that, I am planning to do it right after I get out of the coast guard, because I am just ready to move on. Do you happen to know how that process works if I do my VA after I’m out? Also did you happen to get an attorney as well? Just wanted to know if you did, how long did you wait to get your orders from the day you got an attorney. Thanks shipmate for the help. Appreciate it.

Coastiebm

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
If you get an attorney after you receive your IPEB, it will speed up the process by bypassing legal review. If you wait till your out for VA then you will have to wait for benefits, if you do the Benefits Before Discharge then you can get your VA payments the day you separate and it’s backdated

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The smartest guy (and attorney) I know on Coast Guard issues is Jack Gately. He is a friend, colleague, competitor in the legal field, and an all-around good guy.

I post this with some reservations because outside of ads that are used to defray costs around here, this site is not meant for commercial activities. Still, aside from any consideration of my services, Jack is your "go-to guy" for Coast Guard cases. We have been colleagues for more than ten years and he is one of the few competent guys that care, charge a fair fee, and gets consistently good results.