Request for estimated pay (crsc)

CJM173

Registered Member
RonG thank you for your time and help. I am curious if you can provide some help.

E-6 with 14 years

Medically retired with 30% Army. $1308
100% P & T with the VA. $3450
80% CRSC. $

Any idea if you can check on these numbers.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Sorry I missed your message yesterday.

If you want an estimate of your CRSC entitlement...

The information associated with all of the six numbered items below is needed. Incomplete answers will preclude an accurate estimate. Each numbered item below is a factor in the CRSC calculation.

1. High three base pay average for retirement or your current DoD disability retirement gross found on page one of the DFAS RAS. The gross retired pay from your DFAS RAS is preferred since it presents a gross high three that include any COLA increases. Please indicate whether you are providing the high three average or the retirement gross found on the DFAS RAS. The high-36 method is the average of the highest 36 months of basic pay divided by 36. This is generally the last 3 years of service and is sometimes called high-3. EXAMPLE: High three average $3333 (or alternative: Gross Retired Pay on DFAS RAS $xxxx.xx)

2. DoD disability retirement percentage. EXAMPLE: 50% DoD

3. Years and months of active duty EXAMPLE: 11 years and 3 months
Note: The creditable years of service (active duty equivalent) for a reserve calculation is determined by the sum of accumulated reserve points divided by 360.

4. VA compensation:
-- percentage
and
--amount
plus
--identify dependents by category and number EXAMPLE: 60% VA Compensation, $1600, Spouse and 6 children under 18
and
---Any SMCs awarded and amount(s)

5. Approved or expected combat related disability percentage (application was required). EXAMPLE: 70% CRSC approved

6. Do you qualify for another type retirement besides CH 61 disability? EXAMPLE: Yes, Reserve Retirement

Note: All the info listed above is necessary Often, the reply omits much of the needed info, precluding an accurate computation.

Ron

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
RonG thank you for your time and help. I am curious if you can provide some help.

E-6 with 14 years

Medically retired with 30% Army. $1308
100% P & T with the VA. $3450
80% CRSC. $

Any idea if you can check on these numbers.
Hello,

Here is an estimate without some of the necessary info. Post 5 of this thread modifies the computation.

1. 1308 gross retired pay/0.30 = 4360 high three

2. 14 years active duty x 0.025 = 35% This was likely the basis for your retired pay (higher than 30%)
Therefore, 1308/0.35 = 3737.14 high three

3. 3737.14 x 0.35 = 1308 longevity portion of retired pay Note: all retired pay offset by amount of VA compensation

4. 84.69 + 3,352.41 = 3437.10 VA comp with spouse and 2 children under 18 (categories of dependents and number of children unavailable)

5. 80% CRSC: 1,867.69 + 67 = 1934.69

6. CRSC for CH 61 cannot exceed longevity portion of retired pay. Based on the limited info in this case, the CRSC is 1308.

Ron

CJM173

Registered Member
Sorry I missed your message yesterday.

If you want an estimate of your CRSC entitlement...

The information associated with all of the six numbered items below is needed. Incomplete answers will preclude an accurate estimate. Each numbered item below is a factor in the CRSC calculation.

1. High three base pay average for retirement or your current DoD disability retirement gross found on page one of the DFAS RAS. The gross retired pay from your DFAS RAS is preferred since it presents a gross high three that include any COLA increases. Please indicate whether you are providing the high three average or the retirement gross found on the DFAS RAS. The high-36 method is the average of the highest 36 months of basic pay divided by 36. This is generally the last 3 years of service and is sometimes called high-3. EXAMPLE: High three average $3333 (or alternative: Gross Retired Pay on DFAS RAS $xxxx.xx)

gross pay from eras is 1306, with 206 taxable income

DOD retirement 30%

Note: The creditable years of service (active duty equivalent) for a reserve calculation is determined by the sum of accumulated reserve points divided by 360.

Total active service 14 years 2 months

4. VA compensation:
-- percentage
and
--amount
plus
--identify dependents by category and number EXAMPLE: 60% VA Compensation, $1600, Spouse and 6 children under 18
and

Rated 100% T&P ($3545)
- married with two children

5. Approved or expected combat related disability percentage (application was required). EXAMPLE: 70% CRSC approved

80% CRSC rated

6. Do you qualify for another type retirement besides CH 61 disability? EXAMPLE: Yes, Reserve Retirement

No

Note: All the info listed above is necessary Often, the reply omits much of the needed info, precluding an accurate computation.

Ron

Thank you Ron! You rock

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Case:

1.gross pay from eras is 1306, with 206 taxable income

2. DoD disability retirement percentage.
DOD retirement 30%
3. Years and months of active duty
Total active service 14 years 2 months
4. VA compensation:
Rated 100% T&P ($3545)
- married with two children

5. Approved or expected combat related disability percentage (application was required).
80% CRSC rated
6. Do you qualify for another type retirement
No
-------------------------------

Estimate:

A. 1306/0.3542 (see D) = 3687.18 high three
B. All retired pay is offset by the amount of VA comp
C. 14.166 AD x 0.025 = 35.42% multiplier for longevity (this is higher than the 30%)
D. 3687.18 high three x 0.3542 = 1306 retired pay and also longevity portion
E. 80% CRSC : 1,867.69 +67 = 1934.69
F. CRSC cannot exceed longevity retirement amount = 1306 CRSC payble

Ron (checked out ok)

CJM173

Registered Member
Case:

-------------------------------

Estimate:

A. 1306/0.3542 (see D) = 3687.18 high three
B. All retired pay is offset by the amount of VA comp
C. 14.166 AD x 0.025 = 35.42% multiplier for longevity (this is higher than the 30%)
D. 3687.18 high three x 0.3542 = 1306 retired pay and also longevity portion
E. 80% CRSC : 1,867.69 +67 = 1934.69
F. CRSC cannot exceed longevity retirement amount = 1306 CRSC payble

Ron (checked out ok)

Ron everything looks great! Thank you for your time and service to us slow people. We appreciate you very much!

Respectfully,

Chris. (CJM173)

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ron everything looks great! Thank you for your time and service to us slow people. We appreciate you very much!

Respectfully,

Chris. (CJM173)
Thank you...

It was my pleasure.

Ron

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey if I gave you my numbers could you calculate my CRSC and va pay out?
Hello,

Yes.

1. High three base pay average for retirement or your current DoD disability retirement gross found on page one of the DFAS RAS. The gross retired pay from your DFAS RAS is preferred since it presents a gross high three that include any COLA increases. Please indicate whether you are providing the high three average or the retirement gross found on the DFAS RAS. The high-36 method is the average of the highest 36 months of basic pay divided by 36. EXAMPLE: High three average $3333 (or alternative: Gross Retired Pay on DFAS RAS $xxxx.xx)

4. VA compensation:
-- percentage
and
--amount
plus
and

Ron

mcnewaaron

Registered Member
Hello,

Yes.

1. High three base pay average for retirement or your current DoD disability retirement gross found on page one of the DFAS RAS. The gross retired pay from your DFAS RAS is preferred since it presents a gross high three that include any COLA increases. Please indicate whether you are providing the high three average or the retirement gross found on the DFAS RAS. The high-36 method is the average of the highest 36 months of basic pay divided by 36. EXAMPLE: High three average $3333 (or alternative: Gross Retired Pay on DFAS RAS $xxxx.xx)

4. VA compensation:
-- percentage
and
--amount
plus
and

Ron

Hey my numbers are

100% va + smc r

100% CRSC

E5 9 years meb retired

2216 was my last les statement

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello McNewaaron,

Every item that I listed above is necessary for the computation. I cannot do it with info provided. Please provide precise answers to the six items I listed at post number 9 and in the format I provided. Examples were provided as well.

Ron

mcnewaaron

Registered Member
Hello,

Yes.

4. VA compensation:
-- percentage
and
--amount
plus
and

Ron

Dod disability- 100%
One spouse (one on the way)

100% CRSC
100% va

Not sure what else you need.

Email me - [email protected] if you could. Maybe I’m not reading correctly.

Aaron

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I sent you an email, but it is basically the same request I have asked previously and provided examples.

Replies/info are needed from you for each of the six items I listed at post 12.

Ron

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Dod disability- 100%

100% CRSC
100% va

Not sure what else you need.

Aaron
Hello Aaron,

Here is an estimate based on incomplete info. I suppose it could be considered a place holder.

You said:
Hey my numbers are
100% va + smc r
100% CRSC
E5 9 years meb retired
2216 was my last les statement
and
Dod disability- 100%
100% CRSC
100% va
Not sure what else you need. [note: The info needed was provided to you in this thread and via email.]
--------------------------------

1. The current rate for an E5 over 8 for pay is 3,207.00 (which would not be your high three). You said 2216 is on your LES; retirees receive a RAS. Assuming 2216 is your gross retired pay, 2216/0.75 DoD multiplier = 2954.67 high three average base pay. With incomplete info, I'll use 3000 as your high three average base pay.

2. Your retired pay is reduced by the amount of VA compensation received = zero retired pay remaining.

3. You said, "E5 9 years." I assume you have 9 years active duty.

4. 9 x 2.5% = 22.5% longevity multiplier

5. Guess high three 3000 x 0.225 = 675 dollar amount of the longevity portion of retired pay and your CRSC.

Generally, CRSC for CH 61 retirees is the lesser of the
--
Longevity portion of retired pay
or
--
The amount associated with the percentage approved by the service concerned for CRSC...VA comp tables are used.

The estimate above is based on incomplete information.

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">