Requesting a later ETS date

Strykersgirl

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just received my VA rating and should be finding out my ets date in a couple of weeks...wondering if anyone has tried to request a later date than what they give you and, if so, what is the process to do so.

While I have not done it...yet...I did go to Retirements and Separations to ask that question. They said a simple 4187 signed by the first O-6. Caveat is that they said the PDA isn't entertaining any right now...assuming it doesn't effect the current FY. If you were already going into the next FY, you might have a chance. Either way a very strong justification is required for the PDA to entertain it.

While I have not done it...yet...I did go to Retirements and Separations to ask that question. They said a simple 4187 signed by the first O-6. Caveat is that they said the PDA isn't entertaining any right now...assuming it doesn't effect the current FY. If you were already going into the next FY, you might have a chance. Either way a very strong justification is required for the PDA to entertain it.

Thank you...my peblo said my ets date will likely be sometime in Nov. I didn't know when would be the best time to attempt it though. Should I start now or wait until they give me a date?

Thank you...my peblo said my ets date will likely be sometime in Nov. I didn't know when would be the best time to attempt it though. Should I start now or wait until they give me a date?
Have the 4187 ready to go so that you'll be able to submit it when the PDIR hits the TRANSPROC. When the PDIR hits, everything gets adjusted based on the date of separation annotated on the PDIR. I was told the best chance for an extension is within a few days of the PDIR hitting TRANSPROC. Don't wait 60 days into the 90 day window.