Requesting info about my particular MEB situation

DJB9110

Registered Member
Good Afternoon,

I am in the very beginning stage of the MEB process. I actually haven't gotten a final diagnosis yet, but have been on a temporary profile for almost 12 months. They said this is what initiated the MEB. The conditions I currently have that I have acquired since joining the military are IBS/IBD (This is what hasn't been formally diagnosed), GERD, high blood pressure, and anxiety/depression.
I have tried researching answers, but everyone's case is so different that it is hard to get the answer I am searching for. My questions are:
1. Is there a good possibility that these conditions would get approved through the MEB process?
2. What is this severance pay that I keep reading about? I have been in a little over 5 years.
3. I looked up percentages from DoD and VA, but I am unsure if they are accurate. Is there a good indication of what they would be from my conditions?
4. I have a family, so I am trying to figure out where this would leave us financially. Should I try to fight the MEB to stay in or would I receive a decent amount every month after the MEB is complete?

I really appreciate any help I can get as I am very unfamiliar with the MEB process. Thank you in advance!

DB

Good Afternoon!

I am in a similar situation. Who is gong to refer your case to the DAWG? Mine was referred through my psychiatrist; however, my PCM and a host of other individuals have been involved with my care.

Good Afternoon!

I am in a similar situation. Who is gong to refer your case to the DAWG? Mine was referred through my psychiatrist; however, my PCM and a host of other individuals have been involved with my care.
My PCM is the one doing the referral, but I do see BH regularly as well.

I am in almost the exact same boat. my BH were the ones to refer me while we are still trying to figure out IBS/IBD. and now my stomach condition is being added.

Until the severity of your symptoms is assessed, you will probably not know where you stand.