Reschedule/Extend Retirement Date

I have orders w/ a retirement date of 26APR13. I have 87 days of leave (estimate). After Out-processing, PTDY, and 32 days of leave I will have to sell back 50'ish days (not countign accrued days while on leave). I have NEVER sold back leave. I do not wish to sell back 50 something days. I would like to take an additional 30 days of leave (total leave days 62). That way I ensure I receive one more month of FULL Army pay. The way I read the reg (AR635-40; E-9 (4) D)I can not extend retirement day b/c of excess leave unless I have already sold maximum back. Has anyone dealt w/ this or have any recommendation of how to approach it to command and ultimately HRC?

Thanks for any and all assistance!

The 1st 06 in your chain of cmd can extend your date. I am an NCOIC at a SFAC and I have seen it done a few times. It will be much easyr if you have a good CC.

I was under the impression, and from what I have read, the 1st O6 is the recommending authority but HRC has final disposition.

There are sometimes installation policies reserving out-processing/transition/house hunting/PTDY to the garrison commander. You have to look at local policies and the regulations to figure out where the authority lies.

HRC is the final apoovel. I havent seen them deni anybody when the Brigade CMDR recomends arpoovel

You have to request it by putting in a leave packet with a da31 with the date yours are requesting and also need to fill out a 4187 and have it go through you COC like any other leave packet and once you S1 gets you cmdr signature they will send it off to HRC for approval..they rarely denie the new date unless your COC has reason for it to be denied