Reserve service connection for depression/anxiety due to whistle blower status/false charges?

jdlancas519

Registered Member
In short, I made some complaints about my higher headquarters not following regs and not paying people correctly. A member of the pay office retaliated by reporting me for BAH fraud to CID. I've also been dealing with innumerable pay issues since then. The CID case recently finished with "no probable cause" and there is now a whistle blower reprisal investigation going (past the Prima Facie stage). I am dealing with some depression/anxiety issues from this. I was on more than 30 day ADT orders when CID first picked me up and questioned me. I haven't seen anyone for the issue yet, I'm waiting for a transfer outside the command so as not to have them use it against me.

Anyone know of a reservist that has gotten service-connection for something similar? Any advice?

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Have you filed a LOD. Have you filed an IG complaint for retaliation?

jdlancas519

Registered Member
Thank you for asking. I dare not bring up the depression issue until I transfer to a new unit. My supervisor (BDE S3) has been supportive, but above that they are looking for anything to stick me with.
As far as the retaliation, yes it is with IG as a whistle blower complaint. It passed the prima facie stage to a full investigation... But it take 6 months or more and I don't trust the process as it's the IG in the unit that is retaliating.

jdlancas519

Registered Member
The paperwork I do have is the final investigative report saying "no probable cause" and a memo saying the Department of the Army is investigating the whistle blower complaint. The unit is still trying to screw me admin wise despite the no probable cause (same residence my entire 10 year career).

gsfowler

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Focus on getting treatment for the depression/anxiety. Let the military take care of the remainder of the issue. If you are not comfortable speaking with the BH provider, you can talk to a chaplain.

MFLC is another resource you can use to keep the treatment off the record. If you are not on active duty at the present, you can file a claim with the VA and request both treatment and/or compensation and pension.

No LOD needed if you want to use the VA as a resource.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">