Retro CRSC Vs. DOD Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
VA 80% …..combat related 70%
DOD 50% since May 2006

it looks like this until October 2013 and then:

VA 80%TDIU…... 70% combat related (the TDIU is because of combat related)
DOD 50%

E7 over 18yrs in May 2006, NG. My total active years = 11.8 (LOS). My DOD is 50% PDRL effective May 2006.
High 3 3408

so in your letter did it say that you are entitled to Chapter 35 Dependent Educational Assistance? Do you own a house and if you do how much is your real estate taxes per year? if you like you can send me a email directly to me if you like.
Thanks

yea ch 35…Champ VA. Yea I have gone to the tax office and waiting to get the Vehicle tag. I also got a national park card. Just waiting on dfas to open retire acct

yes sir, and about the tag for my vehicle. also hunting and fishing fees. Just need to know how dfas and crsc is going to work..thanks

Well, yes sir. I called Dfas today, and my retire account still has not been built. So I guess I have to wait to see how much my retirement is going to be then I can ball park crsc. My orders, which I got 1 April 14, were backdated to 19 May 2006. So I am sure Dfas probably has some kind of calculator to figure it all out. Its 8 years of retire pay, and 6 years of crsc. I think it may take awhile to figure it all out.

CRSC for disability retirees does go back to 2008. However, many were shorted due to the CRSC glitch. The fix for the glitch is from jan 2013 forward. I would count on your CRSC being about 30% of your high three.

Mike

I am guessing your past disability retirement will be offset by your VA so no retro for retirement pay. Be aware of the SBP. If you elect SBP they will bill you back to 2006. You may want to decline SBP and opt for other ways to insure your retirement pay if that is necessary.

Mike

I declined SBP, I hope for some retro as my 50% pdrl was a little more than my VA. All combat related. My VA back in 06 was 1277 and my DOD should have been around 1700 in 06.

Thread closed; dormant for five years.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.