Ridiculous timeline and tranparency

buckeyeguy28

Registered Member
So I was notified in early July 2018 that i had a disqualifying medical condition and needed to undergo a MEB for a possible waiver or separation. Since then not one single person has contacted me for anything in any way. I have called the medical group mulitipule times and they are still telling me that they are waiting on deciding who is going to do it. I feel like this is ridiculous since they have yet to even start the process and in the mean time I am no longer on flight status and just sitting around with nothing to do. Is there something else I can be doing? I've already raised it up to the commander and chief and nothing has happened yet.

I had a similar issue and I was advised to contact the IG to investigate. You may want to contact your commander first and see if he can light a fire under them.

The IG should investigate why you are DNIF while the MDG can not make up it's mind; thus waste government resources (you).

They tell me its because I am guard but AGR and seen by the active duty flight office but they want the guard to do it and active duty wants the guard to do it and neither will tell me who is supposed to do it because they just blame the other side everytime i ask them. I've called both of them many times and they just say they are waiting on the other side to decide what to do and literally nothing has happened since july when they told me i had to do this.

They tell me its because I am guard but AGR and seen by the active duty flight office but they want the guard to do it and active duty wants the guard to do it and neither will tell me who is supposed to do it because they just blame the other side everytime i ask them. I've called both of them many times and they just say they are waiting on the other side to decide what to do and literally nothing has happened since july when they told me i had to do this.

DEFINITIELY go to the IG! They can't just play cat and mouse with your medical!

Buckeyeguy, mine has been going on for two years. My experience is the Guard is absolutely in total shambles when it comes to anything Medical (LOD’s,MEB’s,PEB’s). Things only started moving when I hired an attorney. My case is finally with active duty at a active duty base and active duty PEBLO. I am currently waiting on my ratings from the VA to come back. If you are sitting around with nothing to do get into the regulations governing the MEB (PEB) processs, I am sure you will need them. Sir, I feel your pain and you are not alone. The Guard should be ashamed of the lack of effort it puts into taking care of its members.