ROM tests on Friday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica D.

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So, I have my ROM tests on Friday, and last advice before I go?

Yes, go in there acting as if it was on your worst day of pain. Your not lying, who's to say you feel ok that day but two weeks later your Range of motion is really hindered and you have allot of pain. ;)

What joints are being measured?

Take a look at the attachment.

Attachments

• Spine Examination (U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs).pdf
    179.7 KB · Views: 223
For C&P or for MEB? Either way.... they should do ROM on your legs as well, if not then request it. Your lumbar spine, may cause nerve pain down your legs am i correct? you will get rated on this as well. I would look at Book C 38 CFR and find the ROM for radicular leg pain, so you can be educated on what's happening.

If you sometimes have trouble walking because of pain and have trouble keeping balance, you should be using a cane or a wheelchair. Don't be embarrased about any difficulties you need to let them know, every single issue you deal with because of this. i.e. Can you not drive, because extending your leg or pushing a pedal causes pain?

ROM for Lumber:
1. Bending foward/backward ROM
2. Leg ROM
3. Knee ROM
4. Foot ROM

That is 4 different rating for ONE injury. the first may go up to 100%, the other three i believe go up to 40%

NOTE: Everything i said is just what i "THINK" i know... followup by looking at the BOOK C and also the questions they will be asking you.

So, I have my ROM tests on Friday, and last advice before I go?

Jessica,
I just did my ROM today at Portsmouth and came out with 10% forward flexion, 15% back extension. I didn't get a chance to write down my other measurements. Make sure you don't let them push you to the point of pain. Don't take any pain meds that day either.

I just got done with mine. The only measurement I remember was the forward flexion which was measured at 25 degrees.

I didn't get to see what he actually put on my paperwork. I'm just going off of what I heard him mumble while he was writing. He said he couldn't give me a copy, that I'd have to wait till all of my tests were done and get it from my PEBLO.

I didn't get to see what he actually put on my paperwork. I'm just going off of what I heard him mumble while he was writing. He said he couldn't give me a copy, that I'd have to wait till all of my tests were done and get it from my PEBLO.
That is how I received my ROM test as well, it was done during the C&P VA Exam, but in reference to my continued fit for duty status MEB that was ongoing. Once my MEB packet and NARSUM was completed, I had to sign for this as it was being mailed off to AFPC. When I did my PEBLO gave me copies of every document and went over them all before signing so if i had issue i could rebuttal or add my own letter to go along with the package. Good Luck Jessica hope things work out!

Klam

Yeah, I guess that is what they did for me. Did ROM for my med board and C&P at the same time. So, we'll see. I have a few other appointments to complete, so it shouldn't be much longer.

I had my C an P Exam done on June 18th that was a long EXAM 1 1/2 hour long. And let me tell you IT HURT ALOT

Forward flexion: 0 to 10degrees
leaning back: 0 to 10 degrees
Left Lateral Flexion: 0 to 0 degrees
Right Lateral Flexion: 0 to 0 degrees
Left Lateral Rotation: 0 to 0 degrees
Right Lateral Rotation: 0 to 0degrees

I signed my board today, and just got a copy of my C&P. The doc has my forward flexion as 25 degrees. I'm curious, though, the rest of my measurements are close to normal range, so do they go by the crappy forward flexion for rating or do they go by combined ROM?

forward flexation OR combined, should be 40% for the spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.