Physical Exam Completed: 10/01/2012
Date of MEB Physician Appointment: 10/29/2012
Date Physician dictated MEB narrative Summary: 10/31/2012
Date MEB with signatures of approving authority returned to PEBLO: 11/05/2012
Date Patient counseled on MEB: 11/05/2012
Date PEB Complete: 12/06/2012
Date PEB Sent Unfit Memo to VA: 12/12/201212
Awaiting for VA Ratings

After looking all over this forum for what I think everyone really wants to know (Expected Timelines) I figured I would start a thread talking abouth the timelines for the VA in Seattle. Ofcourse there are alot of factors that go into expected waits but it wont hurt to know what others are going through. PLEASE limit this thread to Seattle timelines and if you would like start one for other Regionals in a different thread. My timeline is in my signature block. I hope this helps someone.
Thanks for starting this. I have been going crazy. Also thanks for working off line on this with me.

T
Date of Physician's Notification of MEB Action: 09/5/2012
Physical Exam Completed: 10/01/2012
Date of MEB Physician Appointment: 10/29/2012
Date Physician dictated MEB narrative Summary: 10/31/2012
Date MEB with signatures of approving authority returned to PEBLO: 11/05/2012
Date Patient counseled on MEB: 11/05/2012
Date PEB Complete: 12/06/2012
Date PEB Sent Unfit Memo to VA: 12/12/201212
Awaiting for VA Ratings

That's a super fast timeline! Lucky

May 2012- Sent to WTB
July 2012- Referred to begin MEB
Aug 16 2012- Initial MEB appointment
September 2012- C&P appointments
October 1 2012- Signed my NARSUM
October 9 2012- NARSUM fowarded to PEB (Doc took 8 days to sign my LOD report)
November 6, 2012- found unfit( PEB system was down for 3 weeks )
November 9, 2012- pending decision approval
December 31, 2012- Va sent ratings to PEB
Jan 15, 2013- 199 typed up
Jan 16, 2013- Signed 199 100% DOD 100% VA P&T
Jan 16, 2013- VA exit exam
Jan 22,2013- Transpoc List
Feb 4, 2013- Retirement Brief

Extended my retirement date to May 10 2013 so I can use all my leave days

Start Terminal Leave Feb 16,2013

I called the va yesterday about the ebennies info since my packet went up to seattle on dec 4 they told me the timelines they are working on now are 57 days from submit until they have the proposed ratings

I called the va yesterday about the ebennies info since my packet went up to seattle on dec 4 they told me the timelines they are working on now are 57 days from submit until they have the proposed ratings
Yea that's about how long mines took

My case has been on Seattle since september of last year for propose rating but it have been goig back and foward on the phases. My was back on dec in preparetion for decision approval and just change to gattering evidence. Don't know what really is going on , I call VA many times with no results. My peblo has been cheking the system and told the hold is VA. Ebenies indicates gattering evidence and they r requesting some info from the Richmond VA medical center were I did my C&P back in June last year. Can some one here can give some good advice or guidance please. Iam going crazy with this process. Thanks

Luis Soto, Check with your supported MSC and see if they could look into it.

Luis,
MSC-Military Service Coordinator (VA rep that submits SM for C&P exams and submits VA pay paperwork). This is the person that sat down with you to submit your claim some time ago. Of course you can contact them.

Ben

My case in seattle took around 2-3 weeks before they submitted my ratings back to the VA.

Mr. Wallace, do you mean it took 3 weeks to send back to the PEB? That's fast and probably as result to number and type of claims.

Ben

Thanks for the quik reply. What about if I don't have a VA rep I have done all claim by my self until now. What Will be another way to find out what is going with this process if possible. Thanks

Ask your peblo to give you the MSC POC. You should have an MSC since that's the person that would submit your claim initially.

Mr. Wallace, do you mean it took 3 weeks to send back to the PEB? That's fast and probably as result to number and type of claims.

Ben

The va accepted my claim on nov 28 and sent the ratings back on dec 14 (about 2 1/2 weeks) then my da 199 was ready on Jan 4 and signed it on Jan 8.

VA accepted my Packet on 7 November 2012.
Va Completed Preliminary Ratings 2 Jan 2013.
Still waiting on Proposed....

Mr. Wallace, I think we are all jealous!!

EOD, is you rpreliminary what you got from your MSC or the VA itsself? And is proposed your 199? I was just curious what you meant by those terms.

So it has been 32 days since the VA started my claim. EBENIFITS has not changed, the 1800 number is useless and my MSC refuses to help because "I sill belong to the DOD" and the PEBLO just states to be patient. Im going crazy!!. I still dont understand why some cases zoom through the VA while others go a month without even being touched.

I can help dude, i talked to my msc because my case left on december 4. Turns out that the va has requested information from the C&P Dr about the delineation of symptoms between my tbi and ptsd that hasnt been forwarded yet. So be patient dude your not alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.