SECAF?

Fiasco007

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Any one know how backed up they are? Or an approximate timeline?

My appeal was just sent to them, and I am waiting it out.

I completed the formal Board on 28 Sep 2012, and filed a SECAF Appeal. My appeal results came back on 30 Nov. So right at about 2 months for me.

I completed the formal Board on 28 Sep 2012, and filed a SECAF Appeal. My appeal results came back on 30 Nov. So right at about 2 months for me.

Mine went through around Mid Oct, so I was there right after you were. So what was the result? I have 19 years in, and they already wanted to retire me.

Mine went through around Mid Oct, so I was there right after you were. So what was the result? I have 19 years in, and they already wanted to retire me.

I was happy with my Formal results, went from 20% and severance to 40% and retirement. I took a chance and did a BullSh*t SECAF appeal just to buy me a couple more months in the AF to pay off bills, and it worked! :) SECAF agreed with the board's decision, so now I am waiting on the VA one time reconsideration.

I'm ready to retire, but i am so close to 20 that I would be follish to not ride it out for a little longer. So are you retired now? Did the VA 1 time consideration play into your time frame?

I was hoping there would be alot of people on this board who are in, or close to the same time frame as me so i can use it as a referance.

No I have no retired yet. I turned my reconsideration letter in on the 12th, and was told it would be 2-4 months to complete the VA reconsideration. After the reconsideration they should be giving me my retirement date.

If you are close to 20 then you need to make the process take as long as possible so you hit 20!