Seen this in the newest t AFI 48-124

Pavetim

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Now if there is a way i can prove I can wear protective equipment, run 100 yards and carry 40 lbs you think I could use this to negate my MEB? My PCM updated my profile without my knowledge and put verbiage in there just to trigger an MEB

5.3.1.5. Individuals requiring exemption from one or more components of the fitness test
for greater than one year do not require I/RILO or MEB unless the underlying condition
or limitation does not meet retention or deployment standards
7.3. Presumption of Fitness. If performance of duty in the 12 months before scheduled
retirement is satisfactory, the member is presumed to be physically fit for continued AD or
retirement. (See AFI 41-210 for presumption of fitness prior to retirement). Reservists who
have not been participating (in a no-pay/no-points status) solely due to administrative restrictions
on participation IAW AFI 36-2254 Vol 1, Reserve Personnel Participation or due to
noncompliance with requirements are not considered to overcome the presumption of fitness.

The MEB is a medical process, not an operational process.

I had the same issue. My PCM specifically said i cannot take a PT test (which was false but fit the narrative to start an MEB). Operationally my leadership wouldn’t touch it, they said medical said X who are we to trump that.

You need to fight fire with fire. Get second and tertiary opinions to specifically negate what your PCM said and have them put it in your record. i.e. my PCM said i cant take a PFA, i found 2 other docs to say i’m good to go to take a PFA. I dropped that in my CCs desk and he called my PCM who come to find out never read the other docs assessments -_- my profile was ammended and i took a PFA.

Yeah, but still need to supposed to follow the governing regulations.

Again you’re thinking operationally. You have to discredit medical professionals with medical professionals. I have no doubt u can do exactly what you say. I tried the same argument.

There’s a DoDI 1338 i believe that is written so vaguely and generically any condition can be spun to meet the requirement a condition is nondeployable. The MSD offers a quick view if your condition is retainable and also touches on deployablibilty criteria.

What i’m saying is despite your factual history and current physical ablilty to do X, Y, & Z that is part of the daily performance of your job...there are 10 others layers spread between a dozen documents that specify deployablity and retention criteria that justify your docs actions.

It sucks boss. I completely get it and have been through it. Fight medical fire with medical fire.