Sent to navy for review in March

mikeasic

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Anyone know the current wait to hear back on the decision from Navy all they could tell me is they sent the decision to Navy for review.

Mine was sent to the Navy in Oct. they made a decision in March but i still haven't heard anything from them

Anyone know the current wait to hear back on the decision from Navy all they could tell me is they sent the decision to Navy for review.
A little more details may help you get an more helpful answer but When you say they do you mean the VA sent it back to NAVY or they as in PEB sent it back which means you should be fgetting a call about reviewing your findings.

A little more details may help you get an more helpful answer but When you say they do you mean the VA sent it back to NAVY or they as in PEB sent it back which means you should be fgetting a call about reviewing your findings.
Pdbr sent it off to Navy for final say in March its been 5 months still nothing was told to expect a letter now they will call me? Just got a new number, and I updated the VA but how do I get in contact with them? Sorry I just noticed this.

Pdbr sent it off to Navy for final say in March its been 5 months still nothing was told to expect a letter now they will call me? Just got a new number, and I updated the VA but how do I get in contact with them? Sorry I just noticed this.
The PDBR point of contact is Ann Jones. Her email is
[email protected]

She has been very helpful and responsive. Good luck.

Did you hear anything back?

Yea I heard back they are really backed logged so who knows how much longer I have just more of the same we have no clue how long the process will really take. Getting pretty annoying but waited 2 years 6 months so what's another year or two right this must be there thinking lol.

Yea I heard back they are really backed logged so who knows how much longer I have just more of the same we have no clue how long the process will really take. Getting pretty annoying but waited 2 years 6 months so what's another year or two right this must be there thinking lol.
I hear you, the hardest part for me is knowing a recommendation is made and then waiting months to find out. Guess the good Lord saw fit to provide me an opportunity to exercise patience. Hang in there, we are in the endgame now.

Well here is my story. Got a letter in 2016 late in the tear saying I could apply as I was in 97-05 discharged eith a 20% dod rating. Later rated at 50 thru va then bumped to 100 p&t (technically at 180 when all is added up). Anyway I submitted it in april 2017 and informed a month later it was received and processed at intake. I got a letter saying it could take 12-15 months. From there it went to 12-18, then 15-18, then 18-24 then as much as 30 months. That's next month. So every 3 months or so I'd check the website and shoot them an email and I kept getting the same in records collection. Until around may of this year which is 2 years after submission. So I replied if I could assist cause they claimed to be waiting for the VA for my records. They responded that no they needed to download them. Wish I could strangle ppl thru the damn phone. 2 years and all they had to do was hit a friggin button to move ut along!! Well I guess the fact that I had passed the 2 year mark with NOTHING done spurred action because a week later I actually got a call as shocking as that is saying it moved to adjudication. Still checking the site which hadn't updated since April this year (read on another post here they stopped doing that anyway) and decided to email them a few weeks ago. I was told that it was done and sent to the navy for review (I was USMC). I know as a medical retiree IF I get it I wont get any pension because of my VA pay but I DO qualify for CRSC if I am bumped to retired. Now when I first got into this and up until recently, the info I knew was once they get off their ass to make a decision, the services usually sign off (or dont) within a few weeks to a month or two but now I am seeing they are following the VA lead with deny until they die?

will0351,

Understandably, you want a decision as soon as possible and the delay in processing your case unacceptable in my opinion.
However, that delay is partially caused by the number of cases of veterans that were received before your application. This applies to both the board and the service, in your case the USMC/Navy.

I want to comment on the “...following the VA lead with deny until die” remark. For what possible reason would the VA or a uniformed service purposely purposely delay a decision? Frankly, the thought that a large number of government employees and uniformed members conspired to delay certain decisions is preposterous. I’ve heard the same accusation on other boards and no one ever produces proof; it has always been a baseless accusation made due to frustration with the process.

Among the many finance-related jobs I had in the Army was in a high-volume processing element which no one thought produced results as quickly as most customers wanted. Were we just sitting around purposely delaying payments for some unbelievable reason? No, my section was just inadequately staffed for the volume of work received.

I hope you receive your decision soon and receive the benefits you deserve.

Regards,
Ron

will0351,

Understandably, you want a decision as soon as possible and the delay in processing your case unacceptable in my opinion.
However, that delay is partially caused by the number of cases of veterans that were received before your application. This applies to both the board and the service, in your case the USMC/Navy.

I want to comment on the “...following the VA lead with deny until die” remark. For what possible reason would the VA or a uniformed service purposely purposely delay a decision? Frankly, the thought that a large number of government employees and uniformed members conspired to delay certain decisions is preposterous. I’ve heard the same accusation on other boards and no one ever produces proof; it has always been a baseless accusation made due to frustration with the process.

Among the many finance-related jobs I had in the Army was in a high-volume processing element which no one thought produced results as quickly as most customers wanted. Were we just sitting around purposely delaying payments for some unbelievable reason? No, my section was just inadequately staffed for the volume of work received.

I hope you receive your decision soon and receive the benefits you deserve.

Regards,
Ron
Thanks for the input and yes I am frustrated as they kept moving out the timeframes. I understand very well waiting my turn. We always had to hurry up and wait in the Corps. After digging thru some.of these threads I found the contact for the navy and she responded VERY fast (emailed last night got response this morning) that 60 days roughly from receipt of my package they make a decision and mail it out. She said they got it on 8/2/19 so that timeframe is nearly up as well. We will see.
Now on to the deny until you die and proof. First off, the "preposterous" nature of it revolves solely and exclusively around money and doesnt extend to any single process such as this or VA compensation for example but for nearly everything. Here is some proof for you- just recently a lawsuit was proven fruitful because of the VA denying coverage of emergency medical care reimbursement or outright payment. They implemented a RULE- not a law but an internal rule several years ago in which veterans had to take it to court to find adjudication which it was struck down as unlawful violating federal law. So they tried to rewrite it essentially the same with different language and again this recent lawsuit was the only means of relief as the VA continued during the interim to deny claims. Struck down yet again putting the VA on the hook for conservative estimates put it in the billions for healthcare veterans are owed.
The length of time previously for va comp claims notwithstanding, many vets are denied outright especially if they are older or many are given a cursory "here take this and shut up" type of award (mine for instance rated at a total of 50 but after fighting was upgraded to 100). Whenever the VA is supposed to be responsible for something financially the veteran ends up screwed usually by a denial. THAT is your proof.

Re: Deny ‘til you die
I have personally submitted six VA claims over 28 years and none were denied. My brother has submitted two and both were approved. I have also used VA Choice in the past and the VA always paid the provider.

However, your other comments led me to : “Interviews revealed that voucher examiners received a work-production credit when they rejected or denied a claim, or sent the claim for payment, but did not receive credit for researching the claim and then suspending it for clinical review.” >—-Link to IG report

Related: “The audit team’s nationwide accuracy review found that an estimated 31 percent of denied or rejected non-VA emergency care claims were inappropriately processed by CAR staff.” —see IG report cited above.

Recent: Emergency Room Services <— LINK

That is reprehensible and I hope appropriate action was taken to punish those responsible.

So...there is proof that supports inappropriate decisions and direction, at least in those instances. However, the VA (or any other agency) does not have a “delay and deny “ policy agency-wide.

Occasionally, in my Army field, we would catch someone stealing from the government. I can think of two cases that resulted in courts marital. Those were isolated cases and were not indicative of the entire unit being a gang of criminals. Of course, there is little publicity about honest employees or members of a unit performing their usual administrative duties. The same is true of the good work that the VA usually provides.

Regards,
Ron

Thanks for the input and yes I am frustrated as they kept moving out the timeframes. I understand very well waiting my turn. We always had to hurry up and wait in the Corps. After digging thru some.of these threads I found the contact for the navy and she responded VERY fast (emailed last night got response this morning) that 60 days roughly from receipt of my package they make a decision and mail it out. She said they got it on 8/2/19 so that timeframe is nearly up as well. We will see.
Now on to the deny until you die and proof. First off, the "preposterous" nature of it revolves solely and exclusively around money and doesnt extend to any single process such as this or VA compensation for example but for nearly everything. Here is some proof for you- just recently a lawsuit was proven fruitful because of the VA denying coverage of emergency medical care reimbursement or outright payment. They implemented a RULE- not a law but an internal rule several years ago in which veterans had to take it to court to find adjudication which it was struck down as unlawful violating federal law. So they tried to rewrite it essentially the same with different language and again this recent lawsuit was the only means of relief as the VA continued during the interim to deny claims. Struck down yet again putting the VA on the hook for conservative estimates put it in the billions for healthcare veterans are owed.
The length of time previously for va comp claims notwithstanding, many vets are denied outright especially if they are older or many are given a cursory "here take this and shut up" type of award (mine for instance rated at a total of 50 but after fighting was upgraded to 100). Whenever the VA is supposed to be responsible for something financially the veteran ends up screwed usually by a denial. THAT is your proof.

Sounds like our timelines are close. She got mine the first couple of days of August as well. I think 60 days puts us at next week. Best of luck! Out of curiosity, did the PDBR refer to you differently after the board adjudicated? With me, they referred to me as Shipmate in three emails after it was adjudicated. Could be completely nothing, or a small hint. Thought I would ask. I guess the good Lord saw fit to have me exercise more patience.

I mean good luck Navy has had my recommendation for over 6 months now so who ever is saying 60 days is referring to once a decision is made they have 60 days to mail the letter

While Ms. Jones is a great person and a good POC- I have worked with her for years on behalf of my clients- the person tasked with reviewing such recommendations is Roger Claussen. He is an attorney who is also tasked with reviewing PFRs, BCNR advisories, and about ten other primary and collateral duties for the CORB. He is a great guy, but incredibly overworked. As a result, 6 to 9 months is about right.

While Ms. Jones is a great person and a good POC- I have worked with her for years on behalf of my clients- the person tasked with reviewing such recommendations is Roger Claussen. He is an attorney who is also tasked with reviewing PFRs, BCNR advisories, and about ten other primary and collateral duties for the CORB. He is a great guy, but incredibly overworked. As a result, 6 to 9 months is about right.
Thank you for the insight, and Thank Mr. Clausen for his efforts next time you speak with him.

The
The VA expeditiously rated my 30 conditions quicker than I expected, to add to that they recommended I make 4 MORE claims and provided me the justification and paperwork to do so, sorry for your frustrations but I am a representative of someone the VA advocated for and even encouraged that I receive more money then I asked for. I completely disagree that some common joe has been taught to with hold pay from deserving veterans. (Especially since this money doesn't effect the common joes pay check at the VA in anyway - the VA doesn't operate like a publicly owned for profit company).

Some of these general public frustrations I believe are from underprepared claims and failure to provide supporting evidence. I see it often that people jump on this forum and make the claim "I am injured, pay me" and then expect full compensation no questions asked. If you want to get paid, then you need to prove you deserve to get paid. Work for what compensation you deserve and you deserve compensation for how you work.

The

The VA expeditiously rated my 30 conditions quicker than I expected, to add to that they recommended I make 4 MORE claims and provided me the justification and paperwork to do so, sorry for your frustrations but I am a representative of someone the VA advocated for and even encouraged that I receive more money then I asked for. I completely disagree that some common joe has been taught to with hold pay from deserving veterans. (Especially since this money doesn't effect the common joes pay check at the VA in anyway - the VA doesn't operate like a publicly owned for profit company).

Some of these general public frustrations I believe are from underprepared claims and failure to provide supporting evidence. I see it often that people jump on this forum and make the claim "I am injured, pay me" and then expect full compensation no questions asked. If you want to get paid, then you need to prove you deserve to get paid. Work for what compensation you deserve and you deserve compensation for how you work.

Not sure they literally get records from VA there's nothing else for us to do but wait. What additional evidence it goes back to the time you left service and from my understanding only takes into account the rating interview and evidence provided to the VA for a rating is obviously in the hands of the board that recommends a decision. These last two post are confusing also was under the assumption a board of the Navy makes the final say.

That is the misconception. You provide the evidence. You can have DBQs done by other providers, you can have second opinions added to your claims, and much more. The VA only looks at records they are handed.

My post was more in reference to vets that are already out and others who constantly bag on the VA. My experience has been outstanding with them from healthcare and educational services. From what I find is the people that are complaining are the people who sat back and didn't add any help to the VA, they just expected all the benefits without doing any research or leg work to ensure they got what they wanted.

As for each service, their DES programs all differ in some ways, but I was not talking about the military service intervention, I was referring strictly to the VA processes.