Separating on LIMDU

HeyLenb23

Registered Member
My EAOS is prior to my LIMDU expiration, and being told I can separate on LIMDU, but doesn't make sense. On first LIMDU period for mental health (Depression/anxiety/suicidal) that officially started back in Dec, with no improvement despite meds since Oct. It's been going on for some time but didn't have access to medical deployed. Had my separation physical yesterday and they didn't seemed concerned by status, nor did they contact behavioral health. Have been told I'm the VAs problem now but still have a month before on-base DAV rep appt and she seemed rather agitated that I even knocked on her door for an appt.
USN, 13 years in, no adverse history. Command is telling me I can't separate until off LIMDU, Clinic Coordinator says I can separate (but also didn't realize I was separating before expiration until I repeatedly pointed it out, and then just said she'd make sure I got out at EAOS).
Anybody have experience with this?

My EAOS is prior to my LIMDU expiration, and being told I can separate on LIMDU, but doesn't make sense. On first LIMDU period for mental health (Depression/anxiety/suicidal) that officially started back in Dec, with no improvement despite meds since Oct. It's been going on for some time but didn't have access to medical deployed. Had my separation physical yesterday and they didn't seemed concerned by status, nor did they contact behavioral health. Have been told I'm the VAs problem now but still have a month before on-base DAV rep appt and she seemed rather agitated that I even knocked on her door for an appt.
USN, 13 years in, no adverse history. Command is telling me I can't separate until off LIMDU, Clinic Coordinator says I can separate (but also didn't realize I was separating before expiration until I repeatedly pointed it out, and then just said she'd make sure I got out at EAOS).
You should speak to your pcat about that they most likely have dealt with situations such as these. Also talk to provider that has placed you Limdu. Talking to separation physical people will go nowhere. They have a job to give you your physical and keep it pushing. I would definitely speak to provider and pcat and be annoying about it. Do not just let them separate you especially if your disability is service connected have them fix that before they just kick you out. If they do nothing about it just keep going up the chain. Things will get handled one way or another. I’d be annoying everyday you are entitled to the same process as everyone else if they can’t fix you.

Psychiatry Continuity and Transition (PCaT) Team’s mission is to partner with service members who are placed on Limited Duty (LIMDU) or a Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) for mental health diagnoses to ensure care coordination of mental health services and access to treatment in order to fully effect positive improvement and return to full duty status.

Through care coordination and supplementation of clinical services, the PCaT Team will serve the following 3 core functions: (1) actively track appointments and accountability, (2) optimize and coordinate mental health care in partnership with individual providers, and (3) assist in safe and effective transition to VA based care for service members who will medically retire.

I’m not sure if all branches are assigned them. I’m in the navy on the east coast and they know a lot about limdu and med board.

Where you ever able to get help? I'm in a similar situation and I need help

Getting a MEB against the wishes of the medical community is a tough go. In most cases what is at stake is Tricare, because most members with <20YOS will only get VA pay. If you get no traction, be sure you apply for Benefits Delivery at Discharge from the VA. This will document your conditions at discharge and can help you with the BCMR.

I know this
Where you ever able to get help? I'm in a similar situation and I need help
I know this is a late response but if you EAOS comes before the end of your LIMDU then you need to complete a “Retain in Service” which is done on a NAVPERS 1306/7 personnel action request. Reference MILPERSMAN 1160-050