Separation assistance

B2007

Registered Member
I’m being separated under Chapter 13 for failing a PT test. The back story is I’ve been on profile for various injuries and I’m still suffering from said injuries. The issue my CDR is running into is that the records are showing that I was on profile when I was administered the last pt test. Secondly, I’ve only taken two PT tests during my entire time in the unit. How is it possible for them to count them both as records if I never received a diagnostic?

My PA today has referred me for additional physical therapy for the next 3 months. My question is who do I talk to about fighting this type of separation and by having these medical appointments does that slow down or stop my Chapter process?

I was told I could go to legal to dispute it. I was also told and have it on a memo that I would be given a Honorable discharge. My commander approaches me every so often and says she gets yelled at because I’m still in the unit. Is there any truth behind that?

I don’t feel like I fit into the mold of that unit. I’ll be entering my second year in the service in February. I don’t like being around my unit or in the motorpool. What options do I have? There are more issues as well. My PA has also said that if after this second attempt at Physical Therapy I’m not in working condition then it would lead to a MEB. Would the MEB take priority over the chapter?

Chaps_Z

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Did the injuries you are in therapy for occur before you failed a PT test?

Chaps_Z

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Then you need to have your doctor write it up clearly what you can and cannot do. You need that in your record.

If possible, you need the profile to read how your injuries dated back to X day when the injury first occurred.

Then, if your doctor decides to put you on a MEB board, the board should trump the chapter you currently have.

MEB process takes a while, though, and your doctor may or may not be quick to write you up for one.

B2007

Registered Member
Then you need to have your doctor write it up clearly what you can and cannot do. You need that in your record.

If possible, you need the profile to read how your injuries dated back to X day when the injury first occurred.

Then, if your doctor decides to put you on a MEB board, the board should trump the chapter you currently have.

MEB process takes a while, though, and your doctor may or may not be quick to write you up for one.
I’ll see what I can get done. What happens with my chapter if I’m going to these scheduled medical appointments? I’m phase 2 at this point.

Chaps_Z

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Honestly, I'm not sure about what happens with your chapter and the phases.

My opinion is you need to talk to the doctor putting you on restrictions. He or she needs to be made aware that you are undergoing a chapter that will put you out. They need to be made aware that your injuries preceded failing a PT test and that communication needs to happen between medical and your unit admin.

B2007

Registered Member
Honestly, I'm not sure about what happens with your chapter and the phases.

My opinion is you need to talk to the doctor putting you on restrictions. He or she needs to be made aware that you are undergoing a chapter that will put you out. They need to be made aware that your injuries preceded failing a PT test and that communication needs to happen between medical and your unit admin.
Tracking. I’ll get in touch with my PA in the morning. Any other advice or suggestions?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">