Severance pay/ credit for months towards another year?

cj90

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I’m currently going through the MEB process, already knocking out my QTC exams, almost done with SFLTAP too. The VA and my PEBLO are certain I will only get severance pay from the army and not medically retired. My question is how do they figure out that last year youre currently serving? Do they give you credit for the next year or is it only that last full year you completed? For instance, my projected final out is September of 2021 which be 11 years and 7 months. Will I be bumped up
To 12 years for the (2 x base pay x years of service) equation? Or will they use 11 years?

I’m currently going through the MEB process, already knocking out my QTC exams, almost done with SFLTAP too. The VA and my PEBLO are certain I will only get severance pay from the army and not medically retired. My question is how do they figure out that last year youre currently serving? Do they give you credit for the next year or is it only that last full year you completed? For instance, my projected final out is September of 2021 which be 11 years and 7 months. Will I be bumped up
To 12 years for the (2 x base pay x years of service) equation? Or will they use 11 years?
You should get 12 years, if you have served more than 6 month of that year you get it