Severance pay recoupment

Daugust34

Registered Member
I got out of the service in 2006 got severance pay lump sum got a disability rating which over the years has climbed to 100 now in Jan 2020 I get a letter saying they need to recoup it why has it taken so long for them to do this?

From whom did you receive the letter? I suspect it was the VA, but that is not stated in your post.

The delay would be due to any number of things, including incorrect info in your files. Human error is the most likely cause.

Good luck,
Ron

Due to the "Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008," there is no statute of limitations for federal debt collection.

Ron

Due to the "Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008," there is no statute of limitations for federal debt collection.

Ron
Wow they sure like to stick all kinda rules in all different bills don’t they dam crooks

I got out of the service in 2006 got severance pay lump sum got a disability rating which over the years has climbed to 100 now in Jan 2020 I get a letter saying they need to recoup it why has it taken so long for them to do this?

how long after you got lump sum did you start receiving VA pay