So I am being medically discharged with 20% from the army with a really heavy severance pay that I am being told will be taxed cause its not combat related. After 25% taxes taken out its still a heavy amount. The VA is saying they are going to give me 20% for my other conditions that I am not being medically discharged for and also another 20% for the same condition that I am being medically discharged for , so all together the VA is giving me 40%. Does that mean come tax return time I will receive most of that money they took back? How does this work can someone help me out.