Severance Pay

tjveres

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My EAS is 20200415. DOD 20% with severance pay. When can I plan I’m seeing my severance pay direct deposited into my account?

I have seen a range of 2 weeks to 2 months...various web sites and anecdotal evidence. There is no precise timeline from what I have seen. You can use the search button upper right of page to search for cases on this board. However, most folks do not return after they get an answer or get paid.

Good luck,
Ron

From a few years ago:

"My final day was June 27. I won't get my final pay and severance until July 10th. Call the finance office of your final duty station. They will tell you everything over the phone. "

---
Ron

Also remember it looks like there are differences between the type of final outcome one has. If one was TDRL, and finally separated, then from what I have read it can take months. However, if one is directly recommended for severance pay right out of MEB, I have often read a 2-4 week timeline.

She was Tdrl and them separated. She just got hers today
That helpful information is associated with:

1. tjveres: "My EAS is 20200415. DOD 20% with severance pay. When can I plan I’m seeing my severance pay direct deposited into my account?"

2. SFC Bailey1002: "Did you find out yet? My wife's EAS was the same day." [EAS 15 April 2020]

3. SFC Bailey1002: "She was Tdrl and them separated. She just got hers today." I infer that "got hers" means she received her severance pay. If so, that was quick.

Congrats,
Ron

That helpful information is associated with:

1. tjveres: "My EAS is 20200415. DOD 20% with severance pay. When can I plan I’m seeing my severance pay direct deposited into my account?"

2. SFC Bailey1002: "Did you find out yet? My wife's EAS was the same day." [EAS 15 April 2020]

3. SFC Bailey1002: "She was Tdrl and them separated. She just got hers today." I infer that "got hers" means she received her severance pay. If so, that was quick.

Congrats,
Ron
Sorry about the last post guys. She received a notice on her scheduled deposits on Navy Federal this morning pertaining to it. Her severance is hitting her account Friday. Her first disability check will hit May 15th, 30 days after her EAS date. And she never was on TDRL. She was MEB, then separated on 20200415. Hope this all helps

Last edited:
Sorry about the last post guys. She received a notice on her scheduled deposits on Navy Federal this morning pertaining to it. Her severance is hitting her account Friday. Her first disability check will hit May 15th, 30 days after her EAS date. And she never was on TDRL. She was MEB, then separated on 20200415. Hope this all helps
On Friday!? Seeing how I had same outcome as her, hopefully I receive mine as well!! No update from Navy Fed on my end though.

Congratulations!

Ron