Sleep apnea question

Oh I forgot to ask; were you near a burn pit or waste dumping area during a significant part of your deployment? (Port-a-Johns may count...not sure, but we lived right next to a burn pit which was right next to this huge pool where all the sewage from the base was processed. Lovely smell. All day, every day, especially in the lovely Kandahar summer sunshine.)
I don't know if there has been any successful links as of yet made between burn pits and OSA or other disabilities. If there has can someone please add what they know. I do know that prior to a certain year the burn pits in Balad/Camp Anaconda were not using incinerators for burning medical waste and other haz mat. I have some information saved (this is coming from memory I haven't looked at it in a while) that includes a letter from the Surgeon General of the AF that recommended the burn pits be shut down due to the hazards but yet they kept using them in the same way for much longer. If anyone needs copies of these documents message me with your email and I can send them to you.

I don't know if there has been any successful links as of yet made between burn pits and OSA or other disabilities. If there has can someone please add what they know. I do know that prior to a certain year the burn pits in Balad/Camp Anaconda were not using incinerators for burning medical waste and other haz mat. I have some information saved (this is coming from memory I haven't looked at it in a while) that includes a letter from the Surgeon General of the AF that recommended the burn pits be shut down due to the hazards but yet they kept using them in the same way for much longer. If anyone needs copies of these documents message me with your email and I can send them to you.
Here is a link to burn pits and OSA http://www.navytimes.com/article/20100618/NEWS/6180320/Report-links-pollution-sleep-disorders