Sleep studies are finished just awaiting my CPAP

bpreachers

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Should get my CPAP delivered by the DME provider later this week. Submitted the results from my two sleep studies to the claim I have in the system with the VA (along with the sleep study I had in 2011 when I was still in that I previously submitted when I first opened the claim). Now it is time to sit back and see what happens with this and the diabetes. Wish me luck.

bpreachers

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The VA is taking their sweet ass time. I submitted my claim for osa and diabetes in april and it hasn't even moved to gathering of evidence stage yet.

Dcmd124

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The VA is taking their sweet ass time. I submitted my claim for osa and diabetes in april and it hasn't even moved to gathering of evidence stage yet.
Have you reached out to a VSO to assist with the claim? A VSO will have better access to your RO than you will get via Ebenefits.

I submitted the POA for a VSO via Ebenefits. I was eventually awarded 100% P & T Schedular. I am not saying it was a direct correlation but it did not hurt either.

I have nothing but positive things to say about the VSO that handled my claim.

Take care and good luck to you.

bpreachers

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I gave the DAV POA to represent me to the VA while I was still active going through the MEB/PEB and they are still listed on my ebenefits account as a rep. Do I need to reach out to them again. I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that any claims I added would be notified to them as well.

Dcmd124

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I gave the DAV POA to represent me to the VA while I was still active going through the MEB/PEB and they are still listed on my ebenefits account as a rep. Do I need to reach out to them again. I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that any claims I added would be notified to them as well.
I would reach out to the DAV and inquire about the status of your claim. Typically, POA's expire in a year.

Hopefully, the DAV will have good information to give back to you in regards to your claim.

bpreachers

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would reach out to the DAV and inquire about the status of your claim. Typically, POA's expire in a year.

Hopefully, the DAV will have good information to give back to you in regards to your claim.

I called and talked to them. They said it has not started the review process yet and that it typucally takes a total of 8 to 12 months for a decision depending on any extra needed tests, scheduling, and back log. So I guess I have a long wait. They will let me know if any movement takes place with it.

Dcmd124

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I called and talked to them. They said it has not started the review process yet and that it typucally takes a total of 8 to 12 months for a decision depending on any extra needed tests, scheduling, and back log. So I guess I have a long wait. They will let me know if any movement takes place with it.
The length of time it takes depends on the RO that is assigned to your claim. If you check the Monday Morning Report, some RO's have a pretty quick turnaround while others not so much.

bpreachers

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The length of time it takes depends on the RO that is assigned to your claim. If you check the Monday Morning Report, some RO's have a pretty quick turnaround while others not so much.

Monday morning report?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">