Sleep study ant the VA question

bpreachers

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I have my first of 2 sleep studies this Friday (second being the following Week). With that said will the VA be likely to accept my civilian doctors findings or will the be likely to require a sleep study of their own?

grizz13

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Did you have any of this documented while serving? I am not sure that the VA will say it's service connected if you have nothing in your records.

bpreachers

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yes. A sleep study was conducted via the military in 2011. My civ doc said I should have been diagnosed then but the military did not see it that way.

grizz13

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Then I would say yes, as long as you include the results and notes from your military records with your claim.

bpreachers

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah. The original sleep study has already been uploaded. Thank you for the input. I will hope for the best.

bpreachers

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Had my first of two sleep studies last night. Total AHI came out at 9.4 (they didn't tell me the rem AHI). But because of this score I will be going forward with the second one where they test out a CPAP.

Rhino5

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ask for a copy of the two studies for your records. I've had to reference them at least 15 times in just the last 3 months with the MEB. And if they do give you an AutoPap capable machine like a ResMed S9, see if they will be nice enough to actually set it to AutoPap for you. Then as your needs change the smart little machine will adjust the pressure for you. Mine was set to one pressure and within 4 months that was to low and I was having issues again, then referred to the sleep doc and he told me to how to set it to AutoPap. Since then no problems. But check with your Doc first.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">