So confused...Please help me!!!

jeremymays92

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have been placed on TDRL at 50% and my retirement effective date is not until March 11, 2015. I just left final outprocessed the Air Force yesterday and I receive in the mail that my VA application is incomplete. They need my DD Form 214.

How do I get this form once I am out? I will be no where near my retirements section by the time I am out. My Military Service Coordinator says I have to upload my DD 214 in e-benefits in order to get my disability paycheck but paperwork I have says I will download it from e-benefits. Bottom line, When will I get this DD 214 and what will I have to do to get my paycheck?

Thank you for your assistance, I really appreciate it.

Young brother you'll have to go back to the retirement section, sounds like your on terminal leave. You'll have to go back to get your 214.

I concur with No Slack Bayonet, and to speed things up, Once you get your DD214 from your retirement section. Go straight to the VA MSC (the same office that helped with your claims) sometimes is normally co-located with PEBLO's office. Give them a copy of you DD214. With them receiving this copy, they will go in some kind of a VA computer system and update a date on your claims status to immediately start the count down from 12 March 2015, until receipt of your first VA check

Good luck

T-man

Last edited:
Where does the DD Form 214 get uploaded in e-benefits? My MSC said I had to do that. There has to be a different way to get the 214 online with the Air Force because I am not looking forward to going all the way to San Antonio from Tennessee for a piece of paper. That will be near 3 months from the time I got out of the Air Force and I went back to my home of record.

I haven't done any uploading yet, I like face to face, so I turned my DD214 to my VA MSC yesterday. However, others might chime in that did some uploading, but you can check this link out on the route others took to upload their dd214...: http//vets.yuku.com/topic/84314#.VJX-JXdVACA

http://vets.yuku.com/topic/84314#.VJX-JXdVACA

If the link above does not work, VONAPP was the best COA taken See quote below:

"Scout/Now a dependant,

When VA asked my husband for a copy of his DD214 for claim purposes, we used the VONAPP website and selected VA FORM 21-4138 which allowed us to upload his DD214 as an attachment and send it to VA. It was easy to do and about 2 days later, it showed up on his Ebenefits account under what we've received. And no, you don't need to send a notarized copy.

Here's some information about this form:

About VA Form 21-4138
. VA Form 21-4138 can be used for the following purposes: providing information to the VA in support of a claim; submitting a claim for increased benefits, a new claim for benefits, or a reopened claim for benefits; submitting a notice of disagreement based a decision VA has made; and submitting other claims for benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Here's a link to the VONAPP website.

https://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp_ssl/login.asp

Good Luck"

Where does the DD Form 214 get uploaded in e-benefits? My MSC said I had to do that. There has to be a different way to get the 214 online with the Air Force because I am not looking forward to going all the way to San Antonio from Tennessee for a piece of paper. That will be near 3 months from the time I got out of the Air Force and I went back to my home of record.
You need to call the admin section from your last duty station. If they didn't provide you with your DD-214 before out processing ask them to mail it; you'll want the originals.

Also, as others have mentioned you will send/upload your DD-214 to the VA so they can complete your VA claim after your retirement date. However, up until your VA claim is finalized you will receive your DoD retirement pay.

You should still have access to vMPF by login/password. This is the direct link to the DD Form 214 worksheet and the place to download the document when it's ready.

https://ww3.afpc.randolph.af.mil/vMPFNet40/Separations/DD214/Default.aspx

If that doesn't work you might have to call the myPers customer service:

All Components (Active Duty, Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, Civilian, Retiree)
  • Commercial (210) 565-0102
  • DSN: 665-0102
  • Toll-free: 1-800-525-0102
The following options are available:

• 1-Active Duty
  • 2-Civilian Employees
  • 3-Air Force Reserve
  • 4-Air National Guard
  • 5-Retired Military
  • 8-Personnel Systems Technical Support
Other Guard and Reserve Numbers
  • DSN: 847-3293
  • Commercial: (720) 847-3293

These are the steps to initiate a new one. Hopefully some of this looks familiar:

Initiate or review the worksheet in the vMPF:

1. Click on the 'Secure Apps - Access vMPF' link below.
  2. Click on 'Self-Service Actions' link under 'Navigation' section.
  3. Select and click on 'Separations or Retirements'; this selection will be based on your specific status. For members being "Released from Active Duty Service" for activation, Initial Active Duty for Training (IADT) or 90+ days of active duty (Training, Temp AGR Tour, etc.) use "Separations".
  4. Select 'DD Form 214 Worksheet (WS).'
  5. Follow the instructions Prior to separation, ensure an accurate personal email address is on file to review and coordinate on the final document.