So confused what to do. Please help!!

Brody

Registered Member
i just received my 199 today. I got 90% VA and 60% Army. But they want me to be on TDRL with re-eval in Sept 2017

I am Eligible for the CRSC. The army gave me 50% ptsd and 10% for my torn Achilles

Will I get screwed by being on TDRL? Do I appeal? I think I should have gotten higher for my Achilles as I will find out in March if I have to undergo surgery

My 50 for ptsd is the same rating that I received in 06. I requested an increase but that hasn't been determined yet so the PEB is going off my original rating

I am at 18 years AFS and 21 total (AGR-army)

I have 9 days to sign my 199. I don't wanna get screwed over. I have seen way too many stories on here.

Can someone please give me some quick advice???

pittpan2005

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
PTSD it typically a TDRL placement...not unusual.

You have you 20 year letter; therefore, when you hit retirement eligible age you will receive your DoD retirement plus VA compensation.

What is the difference between 30% and 60% DoD, compared to 90% VA? More, less, no difference?

You could try to argue PDRL, but a steep up hill battle.

Look at the numbers. Also, can you stretch it to 20 years active? Then CRDP would kick in allowing to collect both DoD and VA now.

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
i just received my 199 today. I got 90% VA and 60% Army. But they want me to be on TDRL with re-eval in Sept 2017

I am Eligible for the CRSC. The army gave me 50% ptsd and 10% for my torn Achilles

Will I get screwed by being on TDRL? Do I appeal? I think I should have gotten higher for my Achilles as I will find out in March if I have to undergo surgery

My 50 for ptsd is the same rating that I received in 06. I requested an increase but that hasn't been determined yet so the PEB is going off my original rating

I am at 18 years AFS and 21 total (AGR-army)

I have 9 days to sign my 199. I don't wanna get screwed over. I have seen way too many stories on here.

Can someone please give me some quick advice???
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, that's great information as posted by @pittpan2005 above!

In addition, have you sought the advice of an IDES attorney at this particular point in time?

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">