Someone calm me down over here!

So I’ve been in the MEB for sometime now and without going back to the beginning my packet hit the PEB desk the 8th of October. So far no response from my PEBLO, I feel like I bother him and irritate him with how often I check in for updates. Anyway. My anxiety is really cooking over here. All I can think about is my consultation with legal discussing my NARSUM. I have 6 unfit conditions on my NARSUM.

1. Cervical spine herniations w/ spinal stenosis and
2. radiculopathy in L/arm
3. radiculopathy in R/arm both have nerve study done
4. Lumbar ivds/ microdiscectomy w/residual
5. radiculopathy in L/leg
6. radiculopathy in R/leg

these are the 6 unfitting on my NARSUM. Legal said the lowest I would get DOD was 60%. Again all I have been thinking about is what she said, I’m worried she could be wrong. I’ve seen so many scary situation and scenarios go on in this forum that I feel like I’m having a panic attack every time I sign in. I received my preliminary ratings from the VA last week projecting 100% and that was somewhat a relief but wait for the PEB’s ratings is all I’ve been worried about. I wanted to make this my carrier I got 8 years in with a wife and 2 kids. I fought for almost 2 years after my surgery to continue physical therapy researching other forms of treatment and what not (i.e.spinal stim and stem cell treatment). The MEB was the last resort and when I started all I could think about was leaving my family that we call a job. Now I’m just worried my real family will be in trouble if this MEB doesn’t go well. Someone lie to me and tell me legal is always right lol, I’m sorry for how unorganized and the lack of information posted. Someone just slap me and tell me to get grip.

Take a deep breath and blow it out slowly, three times. You will do fine in the MEB process. Listen to your attorney and press forward.

My recommendation is to contact your PEBLO weekly. Especially with what I imagine is a substantial backlog due to COVID, some things may fall through the cracks. Lots of us sat around waiting for QTC to call us to schedule appointments, but ended up having to call them ourselves (after which they were able to schedule appointments to start within a few days).

Keep in mind that the PEB is also likely in the same situation. So, check in with your PEBLO weekly and inform your First Sergeant/command of what's going on. I've seen people get their 1SG involved to speed things up a bit.

Bottom line, try not to stress about it too much, but be proactive. You're in the military so you know that you're mostly in charge of your own career, and it's the same thing here. This is your future and no one is going to figure it out for you, so do your best to find answers but also be patient.