SSDI DDS said she had enough med info, didnt send me to a doctor?

kb1991

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I talked to my disability worker and she has sent mixed messages. She said she has enough medical evidence to make her decision she just needed to have a doctor look over the case and give his opinion. This was last Friday. She said on Friday too that she can't tell me over the phone her decision but she said I had nothing to worry about, and I could even call back Monday and see how things went with the doctor and she would tell me what she could and let me take it for what I will but she can't specifically tell me. Then Tuesday rolls around, today, 4 days later. She calls me because she got my voicemail from the previous week asking her to call me back. Well, she is very short with me and I ask if she talked to the doctor and she said yes but she hasn't reached a decision and she can't tell me it. She didn't sound reassuring anymore and got off the phone quickly.

So she said she has enough med info to make a decision and never needed to send me to a CE doctor, which I think is a good sign? She said she can see ive been hospitalized several times and have a very thorough and long history of depression and it being severe. So whats your guys take on it?

I also applied for SSDI. I was approved after about four months. With my case they did not request any exams or any prude medical information because my medical documents was updated and 90 days current. However, while still being on active duty I had to submit 12 months of LES and had to explain why I’m not working. From there they sent me a daily function questionnaire. I was approved after that. Pay attention the your social security account web page. If you see an audit once a decision has been made your good.

So your saying they only audit approved cases? Can a case be approved without it being audited? Also, last friday she said she had enough info to make a decision so how long do you think it will take for her to get something in the system approved or denied and it update on ssdi website?

That SSDI website isnt accurate be checking out for the mail.