Stressor for PTSD and VA

Viblyadok228

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello folks one more time, sorry for bothering yall again, but question about how VA verifying stressor, again i'm still active duty, been diagnosted with PTSD a while ago after deployment, stressor - personal trauma, i don't think there is any official records or news about what happened, C&P already finished with favorable outcome, but VA never asked me for a letter or statement so i don't understand if i have to step in and write a statement and send it to MSC myself since nobody asking for this, also if i will send it, is that enough for the VA, my own words, or they doing they own investigation. Not sure what to do, don't want to appeal anything, stressing of because of that, first time go sir. Any advices welcome.

A letter is usually require when applying for CRSC, but not for the VA. The C&P examiner would have gathered all the info needed to rate your MH conditions, including PTSD. Since your trauma is personal, you will not be eligible for CRSC, so I don't see the need for a letter.

A letter is usually require when applying for CRSC, but not for the VA. The C&P examiner would have gathered all the info needed to rate your MH conditions, including PTSD. Since your trauma is personal, you will not be eligible for CRSC, so I don't see the need for a letter.
When do we know when to submit the letter?

I doubt you will be asked to submit a letter. It is not requirement of the PEB process.

I doubt you will be asked to submit a letter. It is not requirement of the PEB process.
So how VA verifying that your stressor is actually happened without statement, besides your story during C&P, especially if it’s a personal trauma, it happened during Kuwait deployment though but I don’t think there’s any records of it. Conceded? Or just denying the claim

The VA reviewer will determine if the condition is service connected by looking at the DBQ completed by the MH C&P examiner.