T3 to a P3 wait time?

bingham1983

Registered Member
Hello all,
I just found the forum as I was searching for answers. I just went to see my PCM after returning from 8 weeks of convalescent leave for back surgery. My PCM has recommend the that she puts me on a T3 profile for 90 more days before putting me on a P3. Then starting the MEB board process which her recommendation is release due to limitations. My question is does this sound normal?

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
A temporary profile is appropriate following many surgical procedures. It allows you time to heal.

Proceeding to a MEB, may or may not be appropriate. If your MEB for the same thing as your surgery? Was your surgery as success? Is there an expectation you will RTD after healing? Some conditions are mandated MEBS, even though the outcome may be RTD.

bingham1983

Registered Member
A temporary profile is appropriate following many surgical procedures. It allows you time to heal.

Proceeding to a MEB, may or may not be appropriate. If your MEB for the same thing as your surgery? Was your surgery as success? Is there an expectation you will RTD after healing? Some conditions are mandated MEBS, even though the outcome may be RTD.
Thank you for your response. I was on a temp profile after my laminectomy, discectomy and foraminotomy and it expired and I was put on another profile with my PCM's intent of a MEB with the expectation of NRTD. Yes the MEB will be for my lumbar spine and pain also lack of forward and rear flexion. Im also not able to bear any weight. With my surgery they found arthritis in many vertebrae that is causing the joint to fuse together and cause lots of pain. I have enough years in to retire so that is why I believe the MEB is what my PCM is suggesting.

Does my PCM's recommendation have any weight when going through the MEB?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">