TDIU ( unemployability)

tarain

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was medically retired in 08/2015 I lost my civilian job at the same time and was awarded SSDI. This is due to service connected mental health issues solely. I just applied for TDIU on 04/04/18 my c&p was scheduled for 04/18/18. This does not sound right to me the va does not move this fast. The appointment was canceled do to and emergency the doctor had. I just received notice the CMP exam has been rescheduled for April 24, 2018. what should I expect in the exam how long will it take? I’ve been so stressed out every thing seems so wrong with the VA. This is way to fast.

Was a PEBLO

Registered Member
Expect a normal C&P similar to you original claim but the Dr will be asked to give an opinion on if your service connected disability precludes you from sustained gainful employment.

Claims can move that fast, and it doesn't mean anything is wrong with your claim. Actually, to me it says you turned in a good claim that was able to be worked in a timely manner.

tarain

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Expect a normal C&P similar to you original claim but the Dr will be asked to give an opinion on if your service connected disability precludes you from sustained gainful employment.

Claims can move that fast, and it doesn't mean anything is wrong with your claim. Actually, to me it says you turned in a good claim that was able to be worked in a timely manner.
Thank you for your reply if the VA was provided with my letter of termination a couple of yrs ago along with my SSDI approval letter do they really still need verification of employment from my prior military unit and my civilian employer? I send them medical documentation from my civilian psychiatrist every six or eight months so they have all these medical documents in my original C file as well. I’ve been seeing a psychiatrist since 2012. I was just rerated in feb 2018 from 30 to 50% for mental health over all 80% I knew nothing of IU until I read the last statement on the ratings increase. The rater called me at the time she was decisioning the appeal. I was told they did not have the Ssdi letter or termination letter. Yet it’s noted on the ratings review as a document they had. They never considered my case for IU and they should have done their Due diligence once they knew I was unemployed. As per the law

tarain

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My IU claim is in a pending decision approval. It appears to have been through an initial review and is pending a final review now.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">