TDRL 100% to 90 Permanent

AFnPsoriasis

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Howdy, it has been awhile. In 2017 I was Medically Retired 90% DoD 100% VA Temporary for Psoriasis and PsA. All my conditions were permanent when I retired except for my feet 30% combined for both Left and Right and 60% for constant use of biologics.

I went to a VA C&P follow-up and my rating went down from 100 to 90 Permanent. My 60% remained as I need biologics and my feet were now rate at 20% left and 20% right instead of 30% for both. I checked eBenefits and my Disability tab shows as 100% but my VA letter states 90%. The letter also states my payment info remained the same at 100%. I called but they will not talk to me until I receive my letter in the mail.

I believe that they forgot to add the bilateral factor on top of the two 20%. Can someone please check my math to see if this is correct. I used both the hill/pontoon calculator and the one found on this site and got 95% round to 100% if including the bilateral factor. Without the bilateral factor on my feet I am at 94% rounded down to 90%.

Left foot 20%
Right foot 20%
Left wrist 10%
Right wrist 10%
Left hip 10%
Right hip 10%
Left knee 10%
Right knee 10%
Left hand 10%
Right hand 10%
Left ankle 10%
Right ankle 10%

From my research these are all bilateral conditions and would translate to 78% x 10% =7.8. 78+7.8= 85.8 round to 86

Psoriasis 60%

86 + 60% = 94

Lumbar 10%

94 + 10% = 95%

Round to 100%

I am freaking out here as me and my family depend on this money.

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Hello,

If you want to double check the combined ratings,
I recommend using the Hutsky calculator, developed by a friend of mine. It has been successfully used by hundreds at another site.

You can download the excellent Hutsky calculator at http://lasestrellas.info/VBN/Hutsky-Star3.xls <--LINK
It is in Excel and you will have to enable editing once you download it to your computer

It includes bi-lateral ratings.

Ron

AFnPsoriasis

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thank You. I used it and it showed 100% as well. I guess I will just have to wait until the VA will let me counter.

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Might want to post the letter I dont know if they are proposing to reduce or reduced your percentage but you are still 100% remember your due process rights apply to your pay not the actual percentage.

tony292

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
There really is no such thing as 90% VA permanent. Do you mean 90% DOD PDRL?

AFnPsoriasis

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Sir,

I am going off the benefit summary letter. My terminology must be incorrect

• You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities:
At one point there was a 90% in quotations next to it. But that has dropped off.

This is what it says on my VA letter but under the disabilities tab it still shows as 100%. I believe I was 90% DoD PDRL went I was retired. Sorry if I am causing more confusion.
Your combined service-connected evaluation is:90%

tony292

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Sir,

I am going off the benefit summary letter. My terminology must be incorrect

• You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities:
At one point there was a 90% in quotations next to it. But that has dropped off.

This is what it says on my VA letter but under the disabilities tab it still shows as 100%. I believe I was 90% DoD PDRL went I was retired. Sorry if I am causing more confusion.
Your combined service-connected evaluation is:90%

It sounds like you are VA 100% permanent and total. Is there a line on the letter that says anything about CH 35 benefits?

AFnPsoriasis

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
It sounds like you are VA 100% permanent and total. Is there a line on the letter that says anything about CH 35 benefits?
The VA stated that they are sending me a packet of in the mail. The letter I was referring to above was the one I downloaded from eBenefits.

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Stop reading the benefit summary letter it doesn't apply here if its a proposed reduction it won't reflect on ebenefits until your due process rights have expired. Find a VSO to help you out

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">