TDRL Evaluation - Wright Patterson AFB

I just received an email for my TDRL evaluation. I live in Florida and they have me going up to Wright Patterson in Ohio for my eval for the Air Force. Is this normal? I live less than an hour from MacDill but they don’t have a Neurologist. Thanks for any insight.

I just received an email for my TDRL evaluation. I live in Florida and they have me going up to Wright Patterson in Ohio for my eval for the Air Force. Is this normal? I live less than an hour from MacDill but they don’t have a Neurologist. Thanks for any insight.
Indeed, this is quite normal at least from an U.S. Army perspective when I was previously on TDRL for over 4 years until placed onto the DoD military PDRL a couple of months ago.

In my experienced opinion while on TDRL, the physical location of the TDRL medical re-examination wasn't a considering factor in the DoD LDES PEB's adjudication process. Of greater importance was the completed DoVA DBQ for each DoD IDES PEB-referred "unfit for duty" with a "permanent and unstable" finding at the time of placement onto the DoD military TDRL.

That said, it's highly important that the assigned medical physician thoroughly complete the applicable DoVA DBQ in order for the LDES PEB to properly adjudicate your TDRL evaluation. Please ensure that you provide detailed responses to the medical physician's questions. If you aren't sure about anything during the TDRL medical re-examination, don't hesitate to ask your own questions also.

No worries; historically, all of my assigned medical physicians performed an outstanding job with completing the applicable DoVA DBQ. Albeit, the USAPDA TDRL LDES PEB consistently adjudicated a "continuation onto TDRL" finding due to the medical condition was still considered to be "permanent and unstable" at those particular points in time for 4 years with my particular TDRL re-evaluations only. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!