TDRL Final Eval Complete; No Word Since

Good morning,

I attended my final TDRL Eval on 13MAY2019 and was assured that I would receive their determination prior to my TDRL expiration of 29MAY2019. After this date passed, I emailed my TDRL coordinator who stated that they have up to 8 weeks to reach a determination. Monday marks week #10 and I have heard nothing. My TDRL coordinator is no longer responding, nor is [email protected]. Are there any additional emails/phone numbers I could contact to figure out what is happening with my case?

Thank you.

V/r,

Cody

CParker

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So the document was prepared 03JUN19, but just arrived today. The doctor stated that my most appropriate rating is 10%, but then recommended I be placed on the PDRL from what I can tell. The document has typos throughout so I'm hoping this is simply a misunderstanding.

I'm going to have to appeal regardless, but is there anything I should be focused on to increase my chances of being placed on the PDRL? And how terrible of a timeline am I looking at for the appeal process, on average?

jeremymays92

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Do you have to take your own copy of VA records to your TDRL appointment? Or did they already have access to a copy when you got there?

CParker

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Do you have to take your own copy of VA records to your TDRL appointment? Or did they already have access to a copy when you got there?

They already had my VA records, I had nothing additional to provide.

Upon reading the document myself, rather than listening to my wife's interpretation, it looks like the doctor recommended the 10% full stop. This makes no sense to me as the physician I saw for my final evaluation kept saying I'd either be 30% or 60%. With what I know now, I have the following questions:

If I appeal, how long does this process typically take? My baby is due this September and I need to know my health insurance (TRICARE) status as soon as possible, and I assume it's on hold until this matter is resolved (assuming I get placed on the PDRL, otherwise it's been gone).

If I accept, is there a minimum amount they pay out for severance, or is it strictly based on my rank/time in service?

Will I be eligible for TRICARE at 10%, or will I have to find an external provider? My job does not offer health insurance.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">