TDRL ID card clarification

afrushing

PEB Forum Regular Member
Just to clarify, we on TDRL are entitled to the blue ID card, right? The clerk at Yongsan told me I would get the yellow (I think she meant tan) one.

Yes, I am on TDRL and I was issued the same blue ID card a 20 year retiree receives. The expiration date of my blue ID card is 5 years from the date I was placed on TDRL.

In the same boat as Marine32...you should get a blue and your dependents a tan.

I'll throw in with the rest here. On TDRL you get the blue ID. My ID office and separations office were right next door to each other, so the second I got my DD-214 I walked over to the ID office and got mine.

Does it say TDRL on it?

No, virtually indiguishingable from the Blue ID card those SMs that retire for time in service receive. The only real difference is of your expiration date.

PDRL- Blue ID cards have INDEF in the expiration date block, anyone wish to confirm?

PDRL expires 1 month before your 65th birthday. When you turn 65 it kicks you to Tricare for Life on the insurance side so I guess they want to force you to come in and talk to them.

I stand corrected on the INDEF date on the Blue Retiree ID Card. Thank you for the right information.

My PDRL blue ID card also expires just before my 65th birthday.

I'm PDRL with Tricare for Life. My ID still expires one month before my 65th birthday

You should be TriCare Standard or Prime if you are under 65.

If on SSDI and Medicare under age 65 you'll be on Tricare for Life. Medicare is Primary and TFL Secondary, at least that's what it is for me.

If on SSDI and Medicare under age 65 you'll be on Tricare for Life. Medicare is Primary and TFL Secondary, at least that's what it is for me.

Correct! My exact situation and my ID car still expires just before my 65th Bday. Funny thing is I also have civilian insurance and 100 P&T. The VA will bill my civilian insurance first, medicare second, Tricare third and themselves last.

I opted to terminate my FEHB coverage when I medically retired from my GS civil service job. I should use the VA health system more, since I am also 100% P&T.

How to get your new ID if you were transferred from TDRL to PDRL? For instance, your TDRL ID expires in 10 days but the PEB final reevaluation recommended remove from TDRL to PDRL... How do you update your new ID with a new expiration date until your 65th birthday???