TDRL Retirement Date Question

SDA

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just got my separation orders on 13 Aug and it has my retirement date as 27 Nov. All of my out processing is completed in full and at this point I am wasting time. Even with my leave and PTDY of 20 days I still will not start any leave until the first week of October. Is there any possible way to get this retirement date adjusted? Nobody within the command knows anything about it.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just got my separation orders on 13 Aug and it has my retirement date as 27 Nov. All of my out processing is completed in full and at this point I am wasting time. Even with my leave and PTDY of 20 days I still will not start any leave until the first week of October. Is there any possible way to get this retirement date adjusted? Nobody within the command knows anything about it.
I know I am stating the obvious, but perhaps the local personnel office can assist you.

Ron

SDA

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I know I am stating the obvious, but perhaps the local personnel office can assist you.

Ron
Unfortunately they are beginning to phase out personnel offices in the Navy and place it in the hands of the service member and doing everything electronically. The personnel office attached to my current command is a limited ghost town and nobody there could help.

campbellSFC

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I believe that is just an "out by Date" The way it was described to me was you have 90 days to be out, 30 days to clear and start leave then you can take up to 60 days of leave. if you adjust your leave days, they should adjust your retirement date. If I am wrong, I apologize, that's how I understood it though.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">