TDRL To PDRL Outcome Guidance

ds30305

Registered Member
Hello Everyone,

I had been on TDRL with a 50% combat related rating from the Army and 100% combined from the VA for the past three years. I have been receiving CRSC for that since I go out. I had my re-evaluation and was put on PDRL but my Army rating rose to 70% as of this past October.

My question is, is there anything I should be doing or have access to, or any other benefits I should be looking into as a result? I used my GI Bill in the past three years and with CRSC I am unsure if there is anything else I don’t know about.

Thanks in advance.

-David

Hello Everyone,

I had been on TDRL with a 50% combat related rating from the Army and 100% combined from the VA for the past three years. I have been receiving CRSC for that since I go out. I had my re-evaluation and was put on PDRL but my Army rating rose to 70% as of this past October.

My question is, is there anything I should be doing or have access to, or any other benefits I should be looking into as a result? I used my GI Bill in the past three years and with CRSC I am unsure if there is anything else I don’t know about.

Thanks in advance.

-David
1. If your PDRL disability rating is now 70% and VA remains at 100%,
Your retired pay becomes 70% of your average high three for retirement.
The retired pay is reduced by the amount of VA compensation.

2. Your CRSC will be the lesser of
—longevity portion of retired pay (which might be your current rate)
Or
—the amount in the VA comp tables that corresponds to your approved CRSC percentage.

3. Residual retired pay plus CRSC cannot exceed the longevity amount.

Ron

I am in voc rehab with the VA. Did you do that? I'm graduating with my degree this spring after going back to school to pick a new career