TDRL to PDRL

Good morning group,

I have a quick question I was hoping someone can answer for me. I was medically retired after 21 years and was put on TDRL status. I do receive VA and military retirement pay, but since I took the redux at 15 years, I'm only getting the 43.5%. My DoD disability is 80%. Depending on what DoD comes back with, would I then get the percentage of my PDRL for retirement pay or would it still be longevity with the redux that I took? Thank you.

Good morning group,

I have a quick question I was hoping someone can answer for me. I was medically retired after 21 years and was put on TDRL status. I do receive VA and military retirement pay, but since I took the redux at 15 years, I'm only getting the 43.5%. My DoD disability is 80%. Depending on what DoD comes back with, would I then get the percentage of my PDRL for retirement pay or would it still be longevity with the redux that I took? Thank you.
I just saw this unanswered post.

1. Your retired pay now:
It is computed using the TDRL percentage, but as a CH 61 retiree, your retired pay is reduced by the amount of VA compensation received.

2. The gross amount of CRDP you receive (see page 2 of your DFAS RAS) is computed using the REDUX formula.

3. Upon being placed on the PDRL, the same process at items 1-2 will apply.

Note: If the "reduction"/waiver does not take all the retired pay, you get to keep it. However, any residual/left over retired pay reduces the amount of CRDP payable (CRDP plus residual retired pay cannot exceed the longevity portion of retired pay, using REDUX formula in your case.)

Ron