usafblue

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Ok so I was on TDRL until 29AUG2013 receiving:
100% VA at $3101
offset amount by VA- AF retirement pay at $1741 at 70%
and CRSC of 70%= $505
total monthly = 3606.

As of 29AUG2013 I was placed on perm ret. at 50% instead of 70% this month I checked my CRSC due on 01OCT2013 and it still says $505 with a % of 70 still. I have no idea if this number for CRSC is suppose to go up or down but I don't need DFAS playing the "oh we paid you to much game" so any insight would be great I plan on calling Monday but as we all know its better to have info to check them against. thanks again

Your CRSC is limited to the amount of retirement for length of service or the VA compensation for the combat related conditions, whichever is less. Since a 70% VA rating pay more than $505, I presume $505 is your LOS amount. Neither your VA combat related amount or your LOS amount should be affected by your PDRL decision so the pay should remain the same.

Mike

My VA is 100% with 70% combat related and my TDRL DFAS retirement pay which is offset by VA was based on 70% all combat related with 7yrs 11monthis in service.
my CRSC was 70% combat related. as of 29AUG2013 I was put in perm retirement at 50% but my CRSC pay has not reflected that 50% and still shows 70% and pay amount $505. will my CRSC go up or down based on the new 50% rating?

My VA is 100% with 70% combat related and my TDRL DFAS retirement pay which is offset by VA was based on 70% all combat related with 7yrs 11monthis in service.
my CRSC was 70% combat related. as of 29AUG2013 I was put in perm retirement at 50% but my CRSC pay has not reflected that 50% and still shows 70% and pay amount $505. will my CRSC go up or down based on the new 50% rating?

CRSC is based on a combined rating using the VA compensation charts. Even if your percent would have gone to 30% it more than likely would not change the CRSC amount. CRSC has nothing to do with your DOD unfitting conditions. You can claim any service connected VA rated condition as long as you can prove it is combat related. This will give you a LOS percentage vs a disability percentage. In your case it would be:

8 (yrs) x 2.5 = 20%

Now take the 20% and multiply it by your high three average to come up with your LOS retirement amount. This number will be the max you could collect for CRSC even if you were 100% CRSC.