TDRL

butterflykysses007

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello All,

I've been put on TDRL. I understand that you can be on this for a max of 5 years. I haven't received and appoint for my 18 month check up. I have been seeing a neurologist with no luck of finding something that works. I've also been going to counseling regularly. My question is how do I know if my chances of being PDRL? If that's the correct term. I just want to make sure i'm doing everything I need to do.

Thanks,
TW

Looks like you have been TDRL for about eight months. If they don't contact you by month 18, you should contact them. Make sure they have your current address and contact information.

You will remain on TDRL until your unfitting rating is stable for rating purposes or five years, whichever comes first. Stable for rating purposes means the condition is unlikely to change enough to cause the rating to increase or decrease per the VASRD rating criteria.

Mike

I was just told my doctor last week that a new change is that you will be seen for a minimum of three years of the five years in the TDRL process. I don't know if that is true but it sounds like they are trying to shorten the five to three but also mandate three years. My doctor said he just took at class at Fort Belvoir Hospital on the subject.

My husbands re eval was in December 2014, put on TDRL August 2013, his condition has been since 2007 and is still the same minus 1 or 2 a month (generally has 10-15). Although unstable his rating of 50% was reduced to 30% because he was able to obtain employment recently and was put on PDRL. Could depend on how long you have had them, for us having them since 2007 it seemed better to sum it up and close it out then continue to review something. Now if its newly diagnosed I could see a longer re evaluation period.

I got question I recieve an approval letter for my CRSC the given me 50%. Now my question is do I get both CRSC and VA compensation and how do I know if they are gonna give me a back pay from the time my CRSC approve or the time i was medicallly retired..Thanks everyone

Looks like you have been TDRL for about eight months. If they don't contact you by month 18, you should contact them. Make sure they have your current address and contact information.

You will remain on TDRL until your unfitting rating is stable for rating purposes or five years, whichever comes first. Stable for rating purposes means the condition is unlikely to change enough to cause the rating to increase or decrease per the VASRD rating criteria.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Really hope you can give some advice or guidance. I should be around my 18th month mark. I haven't heard anything and my address has not changed. I still get mail about my other appointments so I know that isn't the problem. Today I had an appointment at mental health. Concerned she noticed that my neurologist had clearly stated that he has exhausted all he can do for me. This is a VA neurologist. I knew this was going to happen simply because of the first appointment I had with him. He said he didn't know what more he could do for me being that I had already been through several medications already.

My second issues is that i'm being treated for PTSD, but my medboard paperwork says major depressive disorder. Im confused. Since my board i've been continuously seen for restless leg syndrome which I was diagnosed for during a sleep study and now plantar fascists (I go to physical therapy for) and syncope. My primary care physician is no help at all she really doesn't seem to care about anything.

I'm currently in Norfolk, Va and due to move to Pennsylvania in June. I really think I need to get this taken care of before I move and all is lost. What do you think?

Thank you for any help, words of wisdom or even a laugh,
Tiffany

I presume you are Navy. Have you contacted the Navy PEB or the Navy CORB? What conditions were deemed unfitting by the PEB?

Mike

I presume you are Navy. Have you contacted the Navy PEB or the Navy CORB? What conditions were deemed unfitting by the PEB?

Mike
I was Navy. You are fast. :)
I'm looking for my paperwork to find out who to contact.
I was found unfit for Migraines 50%, tinnitus 10%, depression/insomnia 70%. What is CORB?

Tiffany

CORB is the Council of Review Boards, a Navy agency that oversees the Navy PEB.

Mike